Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this

i made this post a long time in NC, but I'll do it again because why the hell not.

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work? Customer, co-worker, boss, whoever.

Mine!

When I was a server, a guy said he wanted fish and chips but didn't like cod, so I suggested he try the tilapia that is served with the fish tacos.

I told him it was delicious (truth!) but slightly different from a traditional fish and chip dinner - the tilapia is fried and about the same size, but it's triangular and it's breaded as opposed to battered.

We discussed the whole tilapia-vs-cod thing at great length and he decided to go with the talapia.

He get his food and immediately sends it back because the fish "is the wrong shape."

SERIOUSLY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Gosh its been so long since I worked.....I can't remember

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sassy762:

Gosh its been so long since I worked.....I can't remember

lol i will remember the talapia guy til i'm 104

brandyblx
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I talk spanish (raised in South America-born in Ga.)I had a co-worker tell me to go back to my country....devil mini

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I was ringing one of our regular customers at the restaurant one day and he gave me a credit card.
I slid it through the machine and thw black part came off. I am freaking out thinking I managed to break his card and trying to figure out what to say and he says "I swear it's not fake".
I looked a little close at the black part that came off. It had tape on the edges. Someone had been using a fake card for a while but we had so many regulars we couldn't figure out who it was. The owners called the cops on him. But had he never opened his mouth, I would have thought it was my fault!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Quoting brandyblx:

I talk spanish (raised in South America-born in Ga.)I had a co-worker tell me to go back to my country....devil mini

wow!

My maiden name is Sanchez. A coworker once asked me, "Are you Mexican or married to a Puerto Rican or something?"

Um.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Quoting Elayna90:

I was ringing one of our regular customers at the restaurant one day and he gave me a credit card.
I slid it through the machine and thw black part came off. I am freaking out thinking I managed to break his card and trying to figure out what to say and he says "I swear it's not fake".
I looked a little close at the black part that came off. It had tape on the edges. Someone had been using a fake card for a while but we had so many regulars we couldn't figure out who it was. The owners called the cops on him. But had he never opened his mouth, I would have thought it was my fault!

lol damn! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay, here is mine. I'm a librarian. A woman approaches the desk:

Her: "I'm looking for a book"

Me: "Sure! What's the title?"

Her: "I don't know."

Me: "Okay,who is the author?"

Her: "I don't know. It's about a missing kid."

Me: "Is it fiction or non-fiction?"

Her: I don't know."

Me: "Is it a new book or an older book?"

Her: "I don't know. My co-worker was reading it the other day." *looks at me expectantly.*

Seriously?? It's not like we keep a list of everything her coworkers read!

brandyblx
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh,I remembered another one.I worked in a coffee shop for a while.Had a customer come in one day and order a "dry" french vanilla cappuccino.Not a minute after she gets it she storms up to the register wanting a refund. The excuse? "It tastes like COFFEE!"

Really?!!? 

Jemmy
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM
4 moms liked this
When we had the earthquake my coworker said she wondered what if felt like for people in airplanes. :?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)