Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

i made this post a long time in NC, but I'll do it again because why the hell not.

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work? Customer, co-worker, boss, whoever.

Mine!

When I was a server, a guy said he wanted fish and chips but didn't like cod, so I suggested he try the tilapia that is served with the fish tacos.

I told him it was delicious (truth!) but slightly different from a traditional fish and chip dinner - the tilapia is fried and about the same size, but it's triangular and it's breaded as opposed to battered.

We discussed the whole tilapia-vs-cod thing at great length and he decided to go with the talapia.

He get his food and immediately sends it back because the fish "is the wrong shape."

SERIOUSLY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (181-183):
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Once when I worked at 7-11, a woman asked for a pack of Marlboro 100 shorts. I told her there was no such thing. There were either 100's OR shorts,but they can't be both. She acted like  I was the idiot and asked for someone else to help her.   As a cashier at Walmart,I hear people say such stupid things,but all I can think of right now is how when the card reader gets to the point where it asks if you want cash back and it has the obvious options,yes or no. People will look ask me "Do I push No?" I say "Well,do you want cash back?" They say "No".  I don't even say any more at that point. I just look at them. They figure it out and I would imagine they  feel pretty stupid, too.

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I work at a bar and one of the previous owners came in and ordered a drink and a shot. I made her drink like I make everyone else's drinks (2pours) and filled her shot glass to the almost top (like I do for everyone else) and she told me I made her drink too strong and asked me if I was trying to get her drunk. I looked at her and said "that's my job isn't it?" Seriously? I can't help but laugh tho, cause the only complaints I ever get or hear of are I make my drinks too strong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulinSD
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Yes, he did.  Drugs.

Quoting aiyess:

I had to put my phone down after reading this. I really hope he didn't go to jail.

Quoting JoyfulinSD:

As a Piercer, the one I get everyday is "Does it hurt?" the one the other day was "Do you really have to use a needle?"  I really like the "I was told that I can end up a quadriplegic if you pierce my ear wrong.  Is that true?"  I usually answer that with a "Yes, especially if your spinal column goes through your ear."  The best I think was a guy that wanted his "asshole" pierced so if he went to prison, he wouldn't get raped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN