Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

i made this post a long time in NC, but I'll do it again because why the hell not.

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work? Customer, co-worker, boss, whoever.

Mine!

When I was a server, a guy said he wanted fish and chips but didn't like cod, so I suggested he try the tilapia that is served with the fish tacos.

I told him it was delicious (truth!) but slightly different from a traditional fish and chip dinner - the tilapia is fried and about the same size, but it's triangular and it's breaded as opposed to battered.

We discussed the whole tilapia-vs-cod thing at great length and he decided to go with the talapia.

He get his food and immediately sends it back because the fish "is the wrong shape."

SERIOUSLY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM
When I first got pregnant, I was a smoker. I was weaning off of cigarettes over a two week period (doctor said so). So I was at work and went to go smoke my ONE cigarette for the day during my break. A very flamboyant co-worker was walking nearby and said "you're gonna kill your baby" then he went back to the front. I immediately flipped my shit and went to the manager about it. He ended up getting suspended for it. I had previously told EVERYBODY at a meeting that x-x-xxxx was my last day smoking and that they can't bum me cigarettes anymore and I explained why. So he was just being a hateful little drama queen.
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM
A dumbass sent back his chorizo because it had pork in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nazgor
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a guy yell at me because the box of condoms he wanted didn't have a size. and if they were too small he was returning them.... ok lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

LOL! a lady once complained that her French onion soup tasted like beef broth.

Hm, ya don't say.

Quoting brandyblx:

Oh,I remembered another one.I worked in a coffee shop for a while.Had a customer come in one day and order a "dry" french vanilla cappuccino.Not a minute after she gets it she storms up to the register wanting a refund. The excuse? "It tastes like COFFEE!"

Really?!!? 

bi-polarmommy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i worked at a reservation office for yosemite hotels, telling a guest our hours, 8-9 pacfic standard time, and got the response "i live in CA, whats the time difference to Yosemite from CA?"

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ultra_:

LOL! A mom came into the nap room super loud and ghetto on her phone. She's like, "Where my baby!? You see him!? There you are! Baby! Get up! Let's go see daddy at the jail!" I was annoyed at how loud she was in the nap room, but I couldn't say anything. I was in shock, just floored. Like: :O It was super weird!

that's sad :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
5 moms liked this

Someone I knew came in to the 7-11 I was working at and says, "Oh wow! You work here?" Mind you,I'm standing behind the counter, wearing a uniform shirt. "No, they just let me come in 8 hours a day and wait on customers." shit you not, she looks at me dead serious and says, "That's so weird, they should at least pay you." She.was.not.joking.

LivysMama
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I literally have no idea how I ended up anon...but that is so going to be my new answer for all questions that make no sense! Let me fetch my crystal ball :)

Quoting harpsichord:

ahahaha, i understand all too well. i was a bookseller at Borders.

"Do you have that one book? It has a blue cover? Maybe it's a green cover.

It was featured on [obscure television show nobody watches] last week."

I DON'T KNOW, LET ME FETCH MY CRYSTAL BALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, here is mine. I'm a librarian. A woman approaches the desk:

Her: "I'm looking for a book"

Me: "Sure! What's the title?"

Her: "I don't know."

Me: "Okay,who is the author?"

Her: "I don't know. It's about a missing kid."

Me: "Is it fiction or non-fiction?"

Her: I don't know."

Me: "Is it a new book or an older book?"

Her: "I don't know. My co-worker was reading it the other day." *looks at me expectantly.*

Seriously?? It's not like we keep a list of everything her coworkers read!

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM
I worked as a lifeguard and would get asked by people that if they drowned, if I would save them. Guys would always ask if I could do mouth to mouth on them. It was very annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I had a lady come into this litle deli I worked at. She had like 5 coupons for a gallon of ice cream. They were manufacturer cou[ons, and we did not take coupons. I told her that, and she said she had driven like 10 miles because the company said we sold this ice cream. So I said we did, but did not take coupons. She argued for like ever, trying to convince me that we had to take them. I told her she could take it up with the manager. I called the manager over. Guess what they manager said? Yup. "I'm sorry, we do not take coupons." That lady was MA-AD!

I worked in a bakery, where one of my customers wanted "unbroken muffins". I would stand there pointing to each muffin, like and idiot, until I pointed to the perfect one. They could not have touched other muffins while spreading during baking, or split on top. It was effing crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN