Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

i made this post a long time in NC, but I'll do it again because why the hell not.

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work? Customer, co-worker, boss, whoever.

Mine!

When I was a server, a guy said he wanted fish and chips but didn't like cod, so I suggested he try the tilapia that is served with the fish tacos.

I told him it was delicious (truth!) but slightly different from a traditional fish and chip dinner - the tilapia is fried and about the same size, but it's triangular and it's breaded as opposed to battered.

We discussed the whole tilapia-vs-cod thing at great length and he decided to go with the talapia.

He get his food and immediately sends it back because the fish "is the wrong shape."

SERIOUSLY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
LivysMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Seriously? Because if you're serious I'm sad that those people live on my planet lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone I knew came in to the 7-11 I was working at and says, "Oh wow! You work here?" Mind you,I'm standing behind the counter, wearing a uniform shirt. "No, they just let me come in 8 hours a day and wait on customers." shit you not, she looks at me dead serious and says, "That's so weird, they should at least pay you." She.was.not.joking.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM
7 moms liked this

Ways people pronouce "General Tso's Chicken":

General Tee-so

General Torso's

Government Chicken

morrigan914
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM
There are so many...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Quoting harpsichord:

Quoting brandyblx:

I talk spanish (raised in South America-born in Ga.)I had a co-worker tell me to go back to my country....devil mini

wow!

My maiden name is Sanchez. A coworker once asked me, "Are you Mexican or married to a Puerto Rican or something?"

Um.

My last name is Lopez. Someone asked me if I was from Australia, or Puerto Rico or "some shit."

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM

"What does the combo plate come with?"

"Pork fried rice and a pork eggroll."

*gasps and makes a face as if I had just told them it was served with a side of steaming dog shit*

"I do NOT eat pork!"

Oh sorry, you weren't wearing your "I DON'T EAT PORK" shirt, so I couldn't tell.

morrigan914
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
My favorite, "The Holocaust, that had something to do with Jews, right?" "Um, yes, the Nazis killed about 6 million Jews" "So I'm right then" all super snotty. WTF?!

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM

~dream man~

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I worked as a lifeguard and would get asked by people that if they drowned, if I would save them. Guys would always ask if I could do mouth to mouth on them. It was very annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Not at work, but I had someone one tell me "I'm not racist, but I do have a problem with asians." 

Yup, uh-huh, okay. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Isn't it tsow with an almost silent T?

We always just say "number 3 with an egg roll" LOL

Quoting harpsichord:

General Tee-so

General Torso's

Government Chicken

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

yeah, it's pronounceed Sow

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't it tsow with an almost silent T?

We always just say "number 3 with an egg roll" LOL

Quoting harpsichord:

General Tee-so

General Torso's

Government Chicken

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured