Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work?

Posted by   + Show Post

i made this post a long time in NC, but I'll do it again because why the hell not.

What is the stupidest thing someone has said to you at work? Customer, co-worker, boss, whoever.

Mine!

When I was a server, a guy said he wanted fish and chips but didn't like cod, so I suggested he try the tilapia that is served with the fish tacos.

I told him it was delicious (truth!) but slightly different from a traditional fish and chip dinner - the tilapia is fried and about the same size, but it's triangular and it's breaded as opposed to battered.

We discussed the whole tilapia-vs-cod thing at great length and he decided to go with the talapia.

He get his food and immediately sends it back because the fish "is the wrong shape."

SERIOUSLY YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
I_Love_Pooh1999
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Once when I was pregnant and working at Walmart, a girl I went to school with (worked with her too) asked me if I was pregnant.

My response: nope. I swallowed a watermelon sees.

Sad thing is that she believed it for a minute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

There are actually Mexicans and Latinos from many countries who look like you say you do. I've known many. :)

I tried to quote you a minute before this, but I had to delete because it wouldn't let me type anymore. I don't know what I did, but it started making some weird honk sound and wouldn't type anything else. :\

Quoting Elayna90:

I always get asked if I'm Mexican when people hear me speak Spanish. I have even had Hispanics ask me what part of Mexico I am from.
I'm pale (think Irish) with blond hair and blue eyes.

Quoting harpsichord:
Quoting brandyblx:

I talk spanish (raised in South America-born in Ga.)I had a co-worker tell me to go back to my country....devil mini

wow!

My maiden name is Sanchez. A coworker once asked me, "Are you Mexican or married to a Puerto Rican or something?"

Um.

momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM
There is a lady at work that always asks 'is there no body here today' when I'm sitting right freaking there lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM

lmfao omg

Quoting Traceyssel:

Me: hey, I'm pregnant
Coworker: you do know how that happens, right?

Idiot

Otterpuff
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM
A customer was trying to use coupons to buy a toy. The coupon said for a 10 Hot Wheels pack, we had a 9 pack and smaller. While i was trying to help her..

Her: Do you know what Im talking about?

Yes, you asked for a 10 pack and we only carry the 9. I apologize.

..You know what? Wheres that Asian guy?!

Uhh sorry 'mam but who are you talking about?

That little 'won ton' guy, the little Asian guy. He orders the toys!

o.o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I work at the DMV and a girl came in for her driving test, I told her to go out under the awning (where people testing wait in their cars for the examiner) and I would be right there, I went out there and she is just standing there, I said where's your car? She said I don't have one!!!   Ummmmmm now how do I give her a DRIVING test? Lol

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

ahahaha

that reminds me of the guy who didn't remember what he ordered last time but he really liked it. I asked him to describe it and said, "It had chicken in it and it came in a container."

Oh, so you we DIDN'T spoonfeed it to you? Gotcha.

Quoting Ayla-bellesmom:

When I ask customers what kind of package theyre picking up (Large, small, clothing, iphone etc) the number one answer I recieve is "a box".

Well no shit. We only have a few thousand of those. Lol

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I buy gold and every day there is atleast one idiot who brings in fake gold and tries to see if I'm stupid enough to buy it. This one time a lady got so mad when I told her that wasn't gold so she said I was just guessing and not doing my job. She demanded I check 2 more times then she called my boss and told him that I was a racist because I wouldn't buy her fake gold chain because she is black. My boss said lady if she was racist then she wouldn't work for me lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM
An older lady and her husband came through my line when I worked at Walmart... It was after Christmas so there were things marked down in lawn and garden.. Well she pretty much called me a piece of shit because she had terrible reading comprehension..
The sign in big bold letters said "everything UP TO 75% off"
She brought a lot of stuff to the register and when it didn't ring up what she wanted it to she started calling me names.. And then a manager tried to explain what the sign meant by "up to" and she still wasn't pleased. She looked back at me and was saying it was my fault. (luckily, after her it was my break time, but I did walk away crying)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:59 AM
A coworker. He didn't say it directly to me, but he said it to my boss who told me his request. He requested that I check in with him whenever I leave the office for long periods of time outside of my lunch break or marketing times. I lol'd and straight up said that's not going to happen. 1- NO ONE is going to micro-manage me & 2- he's not my boss so he doesn't need to know about any moves I decide to make.

The guy suffers from delusions of grandeur and I refuse to play into it. You just have to laugh and shake your head at people like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)