Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm afraid I'll be turned off by him and am I selfish??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband is trying to lose 100 lbs, give or take. He is a pretty big guy, around 280, although years ago he was RIPPED. He is losing pretty rapidly, and I am concerned about several things. 

First of all, I am worried that once he reaches his goal, he'll have loose, saggy skin from being overweight for so many years, and I'm worried that It will completely turn me off. 

Second of all, I have never known him to be ripped, fit and so forth. I have seen pictures, and it doesn't even look like him. Part of what attracted me to him, in the first place, was how big he is, and I'm afraid he'll just look too much different than when I fell in love with him.

Thirdly, I am afraid that he'll lose all this weight, beef back up, and want a prettier girl because he's no longer overweight. 

I'm horrible, right?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (31-35):
BrittsJade
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:08 AM
I dated a guy that lost alot of weight& it was very strange having his extra skin lay on top of me in the bedroom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM
You fell in love with him for who he is not what he looks like. What if the tables were turned and he doubted his love for you because he gained weight? That would hurt right? He wants to get healthy, support him in that is my recommendation.
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Lol she fixed the OP. It said 180. I thought she was trolling for a minute but it was a typo. :)

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

I think he will be 180 lol

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

He's trying to weigh 80 lbs?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM
ok ok I see :)

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Lol she fixed the OP. It said 180. I thought she was trolling for a minute but it was a typo. :)

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

I think he will be 180 lol

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

He's trying to weigh 80 lbs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM
So in other words him g fat insures he will stay with you, but of he gets fit he may want someone else. You can't think like that. He either loves you and wants you for you or he doesnt. If he doesn't than you can do better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)