Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do not open if you are upset seeing other kids Christmas presents -

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I told you guys how my kids are finally getting a lot for Christmas. In years past, they have gotten very little or even nothing and this year we can finally afford the christmas they deserve. We are still doing all of the other things:

We took lots of people off the tree of sharing and we told the kids Santa needs help this year and they got to help pick people and presents. We did 5 kids, 3 elderly, and 3 special needs adults!

We also have went out and got our tree at a tree farm and the kids picked the tree and we chopped it down.

We drive around looking at Christmas lights.

We bake cookies, make homemade ornaments, and watch all of the Christmas specials on tv together.

For a little background, I have 1 child who has 2 brothers who have problems and he has a hard time, and gets straight A's. He helps out without being asked, is kind, considerate and sweet. He has a big sister through Big Brothers, Big sisters, because having 2 brothers with so many problems is hard on him.

Our middle child has autism. He has been working so hard, and is homeschooling. He is high functioning but has a hard time making friends, etc. But he is always doing his very best.

Our youngest has medical issues. He had to have a pretty serious operation this year. He does well in school, tries hard, and is always making everyone laugh. He never complains.

So they do deserve this. This year was hard. Dad has had to go on several buisness trips, something none of us are used to at all, and it has been hard on the kiddos and me and my dh. So this year, we are able to do a big Christmas, (dh got a raise) AWESOME!

So here it is. Their haul. We finally finished! YAY!

Youngest Child - Just turned 6 years old!

My middle - (Yes a few toys are duplicates and we did buy 2) My kids do share well but the duplicates are things they both asked for.

We got this on sale on Black Friday $50 off! VERY COOL!

My oldest, he is 10. Yes he has less than the others, but pricewise he has three items that were $100 or more.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM

All I gotta say is, is you have a lot of time on your hands to upload all those pictures.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Again.....that is ALL? LOL

heartslove09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM
I hope your kids love their gifts,:-) happy Christmas
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM
I tried to order the angry birds game yesterday from amazon and they were sold out. My DD loves them. I guess lots of kids wanted them this year.

Quoting Anonymous:

I added some items we purchased after that post, and changed a few things, (like the Beyblades DS game), and added why we are doing it, etc.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I could swear Ive seen this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivysMama
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yay! I'm glad you're having the Christmas you want :)

Iamlegion
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I am so happy that you are able to make this an extra special Christmas for the kids! It sounds like ya'll are having so much fun, and the gifts are just a bonus to a tradition of things that you have learned how to make the most of without money in the past! 

Again, I am so happy for you! I can tell how much you love your little ones just by reading your post! 

Merry Christmas to your wonderful family :)

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I guess since they didn't have alot before, that is good. My kids have waaayyyy too much, so we never buy them that many toys. I would get angry and throw them all away.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

That thought crossed my mind as well.

Quoting samanthastaatss:

All I gotta say is, is you have a lot of time on your hands to upload all those pictures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM
That's pretty cool, I'm sure its going to be a nice surprise for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Awesome!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN