Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do not open if you are upset seeing other kids Christmas presents -

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I told you guys how my kids are finally getting a lot for Christmas. In years past, they have gotten very little or even nothing and this year we can finally afford the christmas they deserve. We are still doing all of the other things:

We took lots of people off the tree of sharing and we told the kids Santa needs help this year and they got to help pick people and presents. We did 5 kids, 3 elderly, and 3 special needs adults!

We also have went out and got our tree at a tree farm and the kids picked the tree and we chopped it down.

We drive around looking at Christmas lights.

We bake cookies, make homemade ornaments, and watch all of the Christmas specials on tv together.

For a little background, I have 1 child who has 2 brothers who have problems and he has a hard time, and gets straight A's. He helps out without being asked, is kind, considerate and sweet. He has a big sister through Big Brothers, Big sisters, because having 2 brothers with so many problems is hard on him.

Our middle child has autism. He has been working so hard, and is homeschooling. He is high functioning but has a hard time making friends, etc. But he is always doing his very best.

Our youngest has medical issues. He had to have a pretty serious operation this year. He does well in school, tries hard, and is always making everyone laugh. He never complains.

So they do deserve this. This year was hard. Dad has had to go on several buisness trips, something none of us are used to at all, and it has been hard on the kiddos and me and my dh. So this year, we are able to do a big Christmas, (dh got a raise) AWESOME!

So here it is. Their haul. We finally finished! YAY!

Youngest Child - Just turned 6 years old!

My middle - (Yes a few toys are duplicates and we did buy 2) My kids do share well but the duplicates are things they both asked for.

We got this on sale on Black Friday $50 off! VERY COOL!

My oldest, he is 10. Yes he has less than the others, but pricewise he has three items that were $100 or more.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
I.am.Betty
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM
isnt it so exciting being able to get your kids most everything you want?! (Im not saying kids need to be spoiled all the time for you bashers) but i remember what it was like to struggle to get my kids stuff for xmas and bdays after my divorce. i havent had that struggle in years thank goodness. we are truly blessed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Pretty sure you posted a brag post over the weekend, too. Glad your kids are getting some fun items, but I am pretty sure this post is more about rubbing it in other women's faces, than it is about actually being happy you can finally afford Christmas, given that this is your second post on the topic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Every year we get rid of any toys not touched in 6 or more months. We clean them up, make sure they have all the pieces, put in new batteries if they use batteries, and donate them to low income families for Christmas. Anything broken we toss. Anything missing pieces we search for the pieces, if we cannot find them we toss them. We also give away any books in great shape, any games with all the pieces, etc. So we go through an entire overhaul of giving to others, than Santa comes and they get new things. But in the past, the kids were lucky to get from toys for tots, or something. But we still gave the old things to others who needed it more. This year we are finally able to do this. :)

Quoting Ultra_:

I guess since they didn't have alot before, that is good. My kids have waaayyyy too much, so we never buy them that many toys. I would get angry and throw them all away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Yay for a happy Christmas! we were not going to have presents, then we received a blessing and now there will be presents! I'm having a hard time restraining my buying.(what I'm going to buy, I go shopping tomorrow but have picked everything out I plan on buying) Things have been meager for a long time so I want to spend it ALL making a grand Christmas, but I don't want to create an expectation of lavishness. Man I want to though!

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Yeah we do that too. It's still a ridiculous amount of toys. They have tons of family and friends who give them all toys and for birthdays as well. As soon as three giant box fulls go out, three more come in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Every year we get rid of any toys not touched in 6 or more months. We clean them up, make sure they have all the pieces, put in new batteries if they use batteries, and donate them to low income families for Christmas. Anything broken we toss. Anything missing pieces we search for the pieces, if we cannot find them we toss them. We also give away any books in great shape, any games with all the pieces, etc. So we go through an entire overhaul of giving to others, than Santa comes and they get new things. But in the past, the kids were lucky to get from toys for tots, or something. But we still gave the old things to others who needed it more. This year we are finally able to do this. :)

Quoting Ultra_:

I guess since they didn't have alot before, that is good. My kids have waaayyyy too much, so we never buy them that many toys. I would get angry and throw them all away.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:09 AM

That's awesome and I know you must be so excited, what a wonderful feeling to be able to give your kids a great Christmas I don't blame you for wanting to share your excitement!  I think it is great that you are helping others as well!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you! It is the first year we have been able to do anything like this and we are so excited for the kiddos!

Quoting carryannsmommy:

I really don't think that is too must at all I am very happy they are getting a good Christmas this year

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

That's awesome. Looks like your kids will have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM

LOL! :)

Quoting Sassy762:

Again.....that is ALL? LOL

boredSAHM
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN