Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do not open if you are upset seeing other kids Christmas presents -

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I told you guys how my kids are finally getting a lot for Christmas. In years past, they have gotten very little or even nothing and this year we can finally afford the christmas they deserve. We are still doing all of the other things:

We took lots of people off the tree of sharing and we told the kids Santa needs help this year and they got to help pick people and presents. We did 5 kids, 3 elderly, and 3 special needs adults!

We also have went out and got our tree at a tree farm and the kids picked the tree and we chopped it down.

We drive around looking at Christmas lights.

We bake cookies, make homemade ornaments, and watch all of the Christmas specials on tv together.

For a little background, I have 1 child who has 2 brothers who have problems and he has a hard time, and gets straight A's. He helps out without being asked, is kind, considerate and sweet. He has a big sister through Big Brothers, Big sisters, because having 2 brothers with so many problems is hard on him.

Our middle child has autism. He has been working so hard, and is homeschooling. He is high functioning but has a hard time making friends, etc. But he is always doing his very best.

Our youngest has medical issues. He had to have a pretty serious operation this year. He does well in school, tries hard, and is always making everyone laugh. He never complains.

So they do deserve this. This year was hard. Dad has had to go on several buisness trips, something none of us are used to at all, and it has been hard on the kiddos and me and my dh. So this year, we are able to do a big Christmas, (dh got a raise) AWESOME!

So here it is. Their haul. We finally finished! YAY!

Youngest Child - Just turned 6 years old!

My middle - (Yes a few toys are duplicates and we did buy 2) My kids do share well but the duplicates are things they both asked for.

We got this on sale on Black Friday $50 off! VERY COOL!

My oldest, he is 10. Yes he has less than the others, but pricewise he has three items that were $100 or more.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
We have

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I could swear Ive seen this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

This is our finished list. So you haven't seen it all finished! I took some suggestions from mamas who told me to go ahead and get the easy bake oven, etc. I am so excited this year! My oldest is also now getting the epic dragon battle ninjago set, etc. I cannot believe we are finished!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

We have

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I am so happy that y'all finally get to have a big Christmas!  Oh I can just imagine the looks on their faces when they see the tree on Christmas morning!  It sounds like its been a rough year for y'all and I am so glad things are looking up.  It was very nice of you to buy for so many people off the giving trees too.  I hope you all have a very very merry Christmas!

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Yippee!!! Now I've seen it all!!!! It's nice y'all are having an awsome Christmas, but it really does seem like bragging. And no I'm NOT jealous, my kids are way to old for all that crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is our finished list. So you haven't seen it all finished! I took some suggestions from mamas who told me to go ahead and get the easy bake oven, etc. I am so excited this year! My oldest is also now getting the epic dragon battle ninjago set, etc. I cannot believe we are finished!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

We have

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Awesome. It's great that you can afford to do so much for your kids this year. We are having a minimal Christmas this year. DS will still get spoiled by family though. I just hope to be home for Christmas. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and was admitted to the hospital yesterday for preeclampsia. They say I will be here until I deliver. I want baby to be healthy and to cook as long as possible but I also want to spend Christmas at home with DS and DH and maybe new baby.
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM
P.S I think it's great you are helping so many others
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

looks like some of the stuff i got my kids... 

Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
That's what I thought too!

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Looks like they are having a wonderful Christmas! Yay for mommy! :)
Stormycrystal
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I hope one day i can provide My little one a great christmas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN