Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do not open if you are upset seeing other kids Christmas presents -

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I told you guys how my kids are finally getting a lot for Christmas. In years past, they have gotten very little or even nothing and this year we can finally afford the christmas they deserve. We are still doing all of the other things:

We took lots of people off the tree of sharing and we told the kids Santa needs help this year and they got to help pick people and presents. We did 5 kids, 3 elderly, and 3 special needs adults!

We also have went out and got our tree at a tree farm and the kids picked the tree and we chopped it down.

We drive around looking at Christmas lights.

We bake cookies, make homemade ornaments, and watch all of the Christmas specials on tv together.

For a little background, I have 1 child who has 2 brothers who have problems and he has a hard time, and gets straight A's. He helps out without being asked, is kind, considerate and sweet. He has a big sister through Big Brothers, Big sisters, because having 2 brothers with so many problems is hard on him.

Our middle child has autism. He has been working so hard, and is homeschooling. He is high functioning but has a hard time making friends, etc. But he is always doing his very best.

Our youngest has medical issues. He had to have a pretty serious operation this year. He does well in school, tries hard, and is always making everyone laugh. He never complains.

So they do deserve this. This year was hard. Dad has had to go on several buisness trips, something none of us are used to at all, and it has been hard on the kiddos and me and my dh. So this year, we are able to do a big Christmas, (dh got a raise) AWESOME!

So here it is. Their haul. We finally finished! YAY!

Youngest Child - Just turned 6 years old!

My middle - (Yes a few toys are duplicates and we did buy 2) My kids do share well but the duplicates are things they both asked for.

We got this on sale on Black Friday $50 off! VERY COOL!

My oldest, he is 10. Yes he has less than the others, but pricewise he has three items that were $100 or more.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (61-69):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Wouldn't it have been easier to just take a picture of all the items? Rather than load up a pic. of each one, it would make your post more believable. lol :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I think some of that is a waste of money and will break very quickly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

They are in our cellar. It's dark down there, we have no stairs just a wooden ladder type thing, I am NOT going down there!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wouldn't it have been easier to just take a picture of all the items? Rather than load up a pic. of each one, it would make your post more believable. lol :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Dang, so you made your DH carry all those items down a ladder and place them in a dark cellar?  That's not nice of you. LOL :) He could have been injured. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

They are in our cellar. It's dark down there, we have no stairs just a wooden ladder type thing, I am NOT going down there!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

LOL I hand them to him from above. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Dang, so you made your DH carry all those items down a ladder and place them in a dark cellar?  That's not nice of you. LOL :) He could have been injured. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That's great that you're getting to help others out so much AND get things for your own family finally as well. We have that Cat in the Hat game. It cracks my 5 yr old up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Lol, that's nice of you! DH about broke his neck hanging up lights on our house. But they look fantastic! Lol, the things they do for us. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL I hand them to him from above. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Very nice and very happy for all you guys!

We personally are struggling this Christmas. Thanks to the plant Dh was working at having a shut down because of break Downs. His hours and checks were cut in half. So Christmas is going to be very small this year. I am planning on doing a candy bag with a few pieces of candy explaining what Christmas is all about in a religious way . I'm also planning on getting dollar store items for each kid as well. Dh and I won't be buying for each other this year. Just going to enjoy watching the kids open their gifts and enjoy each others company.
jamiegraham
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I'm very happy for you, Your kids deserve a good christmas:)

Quoting Anonymous:

I am certainly not trying to impress you. I am happy and sharing.

Quoting harpsichord:

ostentatious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)