Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with multiple little ones

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
When you have to go to the grocery store for a boat load of groceries, and then head to your car, how do you load the kids and groceries up? Do groceries first letting your kids stand around or load them in first then load the groceries? What order do you put the kids in? Oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest? What if your pregnant and have multiple kids?

I ask because I was verbally harassed about this today. I am 7 months preg, I was loading dd1 (2 1/2 yo) into her car seat while dd2 (15 moths) sat in the cart (strap in still & 2 steps away from me- still in my direct line of sight). Then someone was threatening me & sayin bad stuff & calling me bad names (in front of everyone in the parking lot). Because he felt I should have been this crazy super mom who could carry both kids and stick them into the car seats simultaneously. I load my kids first because it is 30 degrees outside and they get cold. This way they can stay warm. Not to mention I ALWAYS park next to a cart return- even if it's in the back end of the parking lot so I can safely walk the cart to the return-I even lock my car (even for 5 steps) to be safer. Am I doing this wrong!?! Seriously, what else am I supposed to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM
BUMP!
MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:40 AM
4 moms liked this

uh, no, he's on crack.

I have twins, and I put them in one at a time. and then I put the groceries into the car.
crazy crazy people!

Youngmother456
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:41 AM
2 moms liked this
What are you supposed to do?

Ignore the jerk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I load the biggest wiggler in first. so usually the youngest but my kids aren't as close in age as yours are. also at 2.5 I let my kids walk as much as possible and attempt to get into the car them selves. right now my 3(4 in march) and 5 year old self load and I load my 1 year old into the car. kids always first, groceries second.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I have a 3 year old DD and 4 month old twin boys. the boys get put in their carseats first or she will climb in the back to her seat while we're putting the boys in and then we put in the food, or I'll do kids and she does food or vice versa. I usually go grocery shopping with my sister if I have to take all the kids. We wear the babies in carriers and DD goes in the cart. When you have more than one kid, you do what you can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Thanks.

Quoting MJuliet:

uh, no, he's on crack.

I have twins, and I put them in one at a time. and then I put the groceries into the car.
crazy crazy people!

tifbrown
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Always kids first, then groceries. I leave the cart. That's what they employ teenagers for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleyattack
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly think they are insane. You did nothing wrong. People just need to mind their own business, Don't take it to heart.

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM

My girls usually just climb over the seats, but I put my son in the car last, he is always with me. That guy however was rude for presuming you should do it his way and only his way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I shopped after DH was home so I could go alone, or he came with me and the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)