Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think that being over weight should be considered a disability. *update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies
3 moms liked this

If you over eat and gain 300lbs should you be allowed to ride around in those electric carts at the store or walk your fat bum around and get some exercise. I normally don't actually care but I broke my foot and had to crutch it up while I saw two cheeseburger diabetics in the electric carts if Honey Boo Boo's mom is walking around the store so can you... It just made me sad..

If they are genetically morbidly obese or ones with medical reason then that is a different story and I am not actually pointing out those people. just the lazy ones who got too big then are all of a sudden disabled. 

And I say that they more than likely were just fat and lazy because of the gross food they were buying. If I saw one with a cane or something I would not think anything about it. You can't sit there and tell me some lazy people use the carts because they don't feel like walking. And If you think I am ignorant about the people eating too much and becoming diabetic I am not because I have a shit load of people in my family who are fat and diabetic because of their life style, some who have even died. I stand by my thoughts, If I can gain then lose my weight so can some of them. Oh and yes I am aware you do not have to be fat to be a diabetic. 

I highlighted what I thought people were not reading, I am so sure you read the first few sentences and then got on your high horse and started preaching. I know that some people have different reasons for becoming over weight. I also know that a larger amount of over weight people are like that because of their lifestyle choices. I know you might think by pointing out the other reasons some people gain weight you might be seen as compassionate or something. You're not though you're just as judgemental as me about things in life so maybe it is time you get off your cloud of righteousness and join everyone else in the sea of wrong. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:08 AM
6 moms liked this

this post will get stupid fast.

Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
10 moms liked this
No... I'd rather not enable people to be even more lazy and get even bigger
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:10 AM

i think they should get a disabled sticker and have to display it on the carts as well and get a special drivers license that says the cirmunference size of their back to front waist ratio so that cart attendants can regulate it

.Gummy.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:10 AM
2 moms liked this

how would you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Haha it got stupid while I was writing it, I just personally was like WTF about that and decided to say something to a bunch of random people I don't know. Just to see what kind of response I would get or maybe just get a rise out of someone.. sadly. lol

Quoting harpsichord:

this post will get stupid fast.

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM
5 moms liked this

What is genetically morbidly obese?

i got fat because i ate food that wasn't good for My body.

ive always walked everywhere, didn't own a car growing up. I'm big and have good muscle, people who are big can and should move their bodies and be kinder to themselves....

and no, it should not be a disability.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM
2 moms liked this

i think it's interesting that you say you're not talking about genetically morbidly obese individuals but also say that you saw "two cheeseburger diabetics" using the carts.

Did you ask them their medical history, or?

gemikris82
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont think it should bve a disability but as far as those little carts go how do you know they dont have other problems besides the weight?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Mostly it was just the food they were buying, I figure someone who was trying to do something about it would not be at walmart buying hot pockets and pizzas in abundance. I mean the first lady I say was not even that big yet and was buying a crap load of nasty unhealthy food..

Quoting .Gummy.:

how would you know?

gemikris82
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM

thats not your concern

Quoting Anonymous:

Mostly it was just the food they were buying, I figure someone who was trying to do something about it would not be at walmart buying hot pockets and pizzas in abundance. I mean the first lady I say was not even that big yet and was buying a crap load of nasty unhealthy food..

Quoting .Gummy.:

how would you know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)