Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDITED AGAIN!! IN PURPLE.Yep I spank my kids.........so what you gonna do about it??

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:19 AM
  • 382 Replies
34 moms liked this

After seeing another post, I couldn't help but notice there are people out there that seem to think spanking your child is child abuse........ummm I don't think so!!

My oldest daughters are 8, they are aware of child abuse, get taught about it at school but if you were to ask them.'are you abused?' they would tell you no but I do spank them. So how come if it's child abuse, are my children's school teaching the kids that getting a spank on the bum for very naughty behaviour isn't abuse,where are y'all getting this idea it's abuse?

And just so you know my children aren't conditioned to lie for me, aren't in denial and openly tell their teacher if they've got a spanking because they don't see it as wrong.

There is a big difference between spanking your child because time out, confiscation and all other methods have failed and just beating on your kids!

I rarely spank but when I do......my kids no I will not tolerate the behaviour anymore and they don't make the same mistake twice.....Drawing all over my walls with colored markers 4 times and still not learning means I'm gona spank you! You keep cussing in public after I've done told you not to 5 times, I will spank you! If you are old enough to tell me what you keep doing is wrong...then your old enough to know better and if you carry on, your gona have a sore arse!!

I aint ashamed of saying I spank my children, it doesn't mean I don't love them to the moon and back, doesn't mean I'm an abuser.....and for of y'all that say....'umm yes it does mean your an abuser'....you go do it your way and I'll do it mine!!

phew!! Just had to get that out there lol.

I was beaten on regular basis as a child, hit with a rolling pin, thrown into a door, pinned up by my throat etc etc and sexually abused by step father......that's abuse.....a slap on the bum IS NOT abuse!! Just because you are spanked as a child doesn't mean you will grow up to be an abuser...........I have never physically bruised or cut my children, just given them a sore bum for 5 minutes or so........if people's logic was correct....'abusers raise abusers' then surely I should be beating on my kids like my bio bitch did to me and let my SO rape my daughters........that's abuse ladies...open your eyes!!!

So I don't have to keep repeating myself over and over again...........spanking is not my only method of discipline, it is used as a final resort when all my other methods have failed.

Also, after such a reaction from this post I decided to let my 8 year old get a little involved, let her see that some of you thought she was abused........she seemed a little upset if I'm honest and told me I was a good mum...we then talked about the last time I spanked her, she couldn't even remember the last time I had spanked her or even punished her in any way............I know I have no proof of this conversation and you can choose to think I am lying but I thought it necessary for those more open minded, non biased mothers to read and appreciate.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM
7 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not judging you at all. Before my kids got older, if they were doing something that warrented a spanking, they got it. I feel like they are too old to spank now. They are 9 and 10. I think the last spanking the oldest got was at 7 years old and it was for just flat out being mouthy to me. He hasn't done it hasn't done it again. The last one my youngest had was when he was 5 and it was for getting into the bathroom stuff and making a mess. There was toothpaste, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and shave gel all over the bathroom. I was cooking supper and thought he was playing in his room. Yeah, he got his ass busted for it and had to clean up the mess. He also didn't get his allowance for 2 weeks to pay back what he wasted. He's never done it again.

crazymammy25
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

A girl after my own heart...those crimes would constitute a spanking from me too. My oldest girls are 8 and I can't remember the last time I spanked them.........pisses them off more if I take their Wii controllers away lol.

I haven't ever felt the need to spank my 3 year old, she gets so upset if I'm 'not her friend' after she's been naughty she always learns that way, my son on the other hand...........he's 2, I've never spanked him but I can see he's gonna need it as he grows up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not judging you at all. Before my kids got older, if they were doing something that warrented a spanking, they got it. I feel like they are too old to spank now. They are 9 and 10. I think the last spanking the oldest got was at 7 years old and it was for just flat out being mouthy to me. He hasn't done it hasn't done it again. The last one my youngest had was when he was 5 and it was for getting into the bathroom stuff and making a mess. There was toothpaste, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and shave gel all over the bathroom. I was cooking supper and thought he was playing in his room. Yeah, he got his ass busted for it and had to clean up the mess. He also didn't get his allowance for 2 weeks to pay back what he wasted. He's never done it again.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM
We don't for our own reasons, but I don't think it's abuse
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Not gonna do a thing. They're your kids, regardless of if any of us agree or not, you will parent how you want. End story.

Want a cookie? Or you just bored and looking to beat a dead horse?
SOCO101
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here. The children I know that act like neanderthals aren't spanked. My child does not get a spanking enough to amount to anything, but it lets her know what she's doing is potentially dangerous. 9 times out of 10 a firm no is all it takes. When spanking becomes wrong is when parents do it out of frustration. 

crazymammy25
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't eat cookies but thnks anyway. Yup am a bit bored actually...kiddies all at school and housework done so wanted to rattle some cages lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not gonna do a thing. They're your kids, regardless of if any of us agree or not, you will parent how you want. End story.

Want a cookie? Or you just bored and looking to beat a dead horse?

crazymammy25
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:42 AM

very true.

Quoting SOCO101:

Same here. The children I know that act like neanderthals aren't spanked. My child does not get a spanking enough to amount to anything, but it lets her know what she's doing is potentially dangerous. 9 times out of 10 a firm no is all it takes. When spanking becomes wrong is when parents do it out of frustration. 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM
11 moms liked this

Spanking is reaction made out of anger and it can- and does spiral out of control.  Violence is never the answer when disciplining children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured