Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What ever happened to radio edit?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I don't know about you ladies but I like to listen to a mix of music with my kids, and lately I have been hearing things in songs I DO NOT want my kids listening to.  I feel like I have to only play kid tunes in my car, but that would drive me NUTS! lol  My kids (unfortunately) LOVE the flo rida song where he sings about "whistling."  However, we all know what that song is really about!  It makes me sick.  So of course I change the channel and then Bruno Mars new song comes on telling everyone how "your sex brings me to paradise" OH LORD here we go again lol.  I try to just press the mute button as the kids love these songs, but wouldn't it be better to just edit certain words?! Since when did "bitch" "sex" and "probing" (thanks kanye) become acceptable to play on the radio?  Call me old school but I don't feel like having the talk this early ;)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Really ppl should't be able to say sex and probe on the radio?? They use those on talk radio. I agree with no cussing. Try radio Disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

True, but talk radio is on early and later for mature adults.  The radio isn't specifically for mature audiences. 

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Really ppl should't be able to say sex and probe on the radio?? They use those on talk radio. I agree with no cussing. Try radio Disney.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Wait... what does whistleing mean??
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I heard ass on the radio the other day. They used to edit it out but I guess they don't care anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Listen to the lyrics of that song. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait... what does whistleing mean??

1stpreggers
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Here talk radio is all day.

Quoting Anonymous:

True, but talk radio is on early and later for mature adults.  The radio isn't specifically for mature audiences. 

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Radio Disney or a CCM (Christian) station. If there's a "light rock" or AC station in your area, then they're probably clean as well.

Look for one, Christian or not, that promotes itself as "family friendly".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SavdNSanctified
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I hear ya. It disgusts me the garbage they allow on the radio (and TV too for that matter) these days. The only radio station I play when my kids are in the car is my favorite contemporary Christian radio station, or children's music. Or right now it's pretty much set to the Christmas music station =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

But even radio disney plays one direction whose hit song "live while we're young" says "tonight let's get some."  This is what I hear, "So mommy what do they want to get?"  Oh they just want to get a lot of "ass" while they are young dear.... lol I would never say that but even radio disney has it's flaws

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It probably has always played some graphic language but I just notice it more now, and I do feel like it has gotten a lot worse!  I really don't like hearing a man describe how he wants his oral sex!  And my kids thinking it's cute because he whistles! throwing up

I am thankful for the Christmas music station though!  That has really been a blessing

Quoting SavdNSanctified:

I hear ya. It disgusts me the garbage they allow on the radio (and TV too for that matter) these days. The only radio station I play when my kids are in the car is my favorite contemporary Christian radio station, or children's music. Or right now it's pretty much set to the Christmas music station =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN