Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, I lied.

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 67 Replies
35 moms liked this

My husband and I swore that we were not doing any Angel Tree kids this year, because of all the bad experiences we have had in the past.  Well, we have ended up eating those words.  Our church was given a list of angels from the school we do work with.   Two of the angels, a brother and sister, ended up making me tear up.  Under the 'toys' section, the little boy had put a backpack, spiderman folders, and a blanket.  He did not ask for anything else.  I have been poor, but I have never been so bad off that when I could wish for anything, I would wish for a blanket.

So my husband and I decided to get him and his 18 month sister.  My husband is so excited to shop for these kids. We are going to stock these two babies up with a few new outfits, everything on their list, and we are going to get them a few extras.  My husband said he wishes that we could get the kid's family info, so we could take Christmas dinner to them as well.  

I am so incredibly blessed to be married to such a wonderful, giving man.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM

That's sweet!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM
The blanket wish would break my heart. You two are wonderful! God Bless you both!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww! So sweet of you and your dh! God bless you two. Those kids will have a merry Christmas because of y'all!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
7 moms liked this

Those are the kinds of "angels" that deserve the best presents, not the little brat that wants an Xbox and 5 games, or an American girl doll. 

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM

You could do a christmas dinner basket. All the things they need to prepare it. The church will get it to them- we do this often in my parish.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw this made me tear up.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

oh wow - a blanket. Thats sad, but at least its not an xbox or cell phone.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

The blanket wish would break my heart. You two are wonderful! God Bless you both!!

It totally did! I was crying and I asked my husband, "How bad does life have to be that you consider a blanket a toy?!"

My husband got that deer in headlights look that he gets whenever my crazy starts to confuse him.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Awww!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Having a practical items would tug at my heart as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured