Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

calling all working moms! if you work pt or ft out of your home get in here.

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM
  • 54 Replies
What's for lunch today? Do you take left overs from the night before to work or do you buy lunch every day? My dh and I usually take leftovers from the night before but when there isn't any we buy fast food :( or we make sandwiches and we just buy a snack and drink.
Well this month has been so tight for us. The first paycheck was for rent, the second was for bills and our sons birthday party and this weeks checks we are taking my son to Disneyland then comes Christmas and then we will be officially broke ;( so we went groceries shopping and bought a bunch of frozen meals and a case of Gatorade so that's what we will be eating for the rest of the month at lunch time. Not the best food ever but atleast we wont go hungry. Today I am having a microwaveable michelina's Tuscan inspired garlic chicken with pasta in Florentine garlic sauce. Sounds yummy right? Well its not lol. I'm having an orange for a snack and a red Gatorade to drink. I hope you guys are having better lunches. Right now every penny counts for my family so I keep thinking atleast I wont be hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Dh made hummus!! Hummus sandwich it is :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Our work pays for our lunches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM
My lunches are free I work for the3 school cafeteria.
micjones
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM

We are in the same boat - BROKE as hell! I had leftover chilidog from dinner last night, not terrible but not really what I wanted. I almost always bring my lunch to work, but sometimes splurge to get a burger or something fast. We don't keep soda in the house so it is a treat to get one every now and then. I drink mostly water and tea.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I need a job with free lunch lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I bought lunch from the cafeteria, I had a ham and cheese panini.  I usually bring my lunch but I was running late this morning.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Aww darn you get frozen foods too :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My lunches are free I work for the3 school cafeteria.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

It's great but everyone who starts here gains 20 pounds from basically eating out everyday.

You have to be careful what you order. 

Quoting sweetieiv:

I need a job with free lunch lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Babujai
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I had a leftover burrito for lunch.  I put the rice, beans, meat and cheese in one container (this one went in the microwave) and sour cream and pico de gallo in another container (this one stays cold) and rolled a tortilla in foil (warmed in a damp paper towel in the microwave).  Assembled and rolled in less than 2 minutes...had other people in the break-room dead jealous of my lunch...and ate at my desk while watching YouTube videos.

dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Today...there was no lunch :( I had too many meetings and not enough time. I did bring my left over mac and cheese that I made for dinner yesterday, but I didn't get to eat it. I guess I could heat it up now that I have free time, but I leave work in an hour so there's no sense in ruining my dinner. I buy lunch maybe twice a week...at the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)