Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So pissed at SIL! Can't believe she did that to me! EDIT in red..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

SIL came to town for the weekend and baked some cake brownies while I was sleeping. When I woke up I realized that I had overslept for work. I needed to eat something, so I grabbed 2 huge pieces of cake and ran out the door. I ate them as fast as I could while driving on my way to work, and when I got there I felt a little funny, but didn't think anything of it. For my entire shift, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was so tired! I kept finding myself laughing at some of the dumbest shit. My SIL calls me and asks how I'm feeling. I told her fine, just a little out of it. Well, she busts out laughing and asks if I ate the cake. I said yes, not sure what that had to do with anything. She just kept laughing and told me she was sorry. When I came home she was still laughing at me, so I asked her what was so funny. She said, "Those were pot brownies, you idiot!"

Are you kidding me?! I could have been fired! My boss even told me I looked high and I just looked at her like she was crazy because I don't do that shit. And OMG, what if ds had seen the cake and ate some?!

People keep asking, so I'll explain. I was very sheltered growing up. I've never been around pot, never smelled it, never tasted it. Not everyone has smoked it in their lifetime!!! Yes, I did notice a smell. Did I think it was drugs? No. I was in a hurry because I was running late for work. I didn't have time to bitch about the smell in the house. The brownies tasted different than usual... very buttery. Then again, I've never tasted my SIL's cooking so I just figured she used something different than usual... which she did. Again, I couldn't taste weed that I knew of mainly because I wasn't sure what it tasted like. It's not like I go around every day chewing the shit. Is it that hard to believe that I've NEVER been around it? No I wasn't freaking out. I was just really tired and lazy feeling. I guess I had the munchies because I was hungry all day. I more or less felt really relaxed and slower than usual and had this, "I don't give a shit" attitude. I guess that's not normal since people are saying I would have been freaking out. I don't know. You can say I'm a troll or I'm lying, whatever, but it did happen and I'm pretty upset about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BuggadosMom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Lol!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

LMAO!!!

soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not be a happy camper with someone cooking drug laced treats in my house. Its too easy for kids to get into that stuff. It fucked up of her to not tell you either as you ran or the door or call you to tell you if you wouldn't listen on the way out. She could have just seriously jeapordized your livelihood. Does your employer do drug tests?

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Wow 1. it is extremely disrespectful of her to bring that shit into your house 2. what happened is in no way funny!!! what if they pop a random drug test on you and you fail? Is your SIL gonna start paying your bills? I would be kicking her ass outta my house so fast it aint funny

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

she wouldnt be allowed back in my house mainly because the fact tht she didnt think of any one but her self. It would be one thing to make them wrap them up an put the up high an away from every one else for her self later but to just leave it out an laying around is the issue....

Now as far as her eating them to each thier own. But I dont understand how even after you woke up you didnt smell that ?

yikesitsmindy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM
3 moms liked this
I am going to call bs. No way would you make it through a shift high. Baked goods concentrate the thc so you are higher than smoking. Either you.have been high before and would know the feeling or you have never been.high and would probably.have gone to the hospital thinking something.was really wrong.with you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

If I ate pot brownies I wouldn't be able to function at work. I also look super high if I eat it and my eyes get really red.

I don't see how you didn't freak out if you "don't do that shit" and didn't know you consumed it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Only for workers comp, but the fact the my boss could tell I was high has me worried. Do you think I should tell her what happened?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not be a happy camper with someone cooking drug laced treats in my house. Its too easy for kids to get into that stuff. It fucked up of her to not tell you either as you ran or the door or call you to tell you if you wouldn't listen on the way out. She could have just seriously jeapordized your livelihood. Does your employer do drug tests?

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I can't believe anyone would think that was funny.  Time for her to go.  I'd be beyond angry if someone brought drugs into my house, and then made brownies without warning anyone.  Hope they don't drug test you at work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)