Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what gives you the right...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
Dd is almost 2. Finally decided to take awake her nuk three days ago. It's surprisingly been going a million times better than I ever thought it could. Well I had a doctors appointment today and had my dad watch her. It was about and hour an a half total. I get done and go to pick her up. She has a f-ing nuk in her mouth! Never seen this nuk before. My mom came home from work and had bought it for her because she felt bad she no longer gets to have one. I took it away and WW3! She screamed and threw a fit for 4 hours!!!! My mom knew I took it away and the wonderful progress we have been making. I don't understand why she has to go against my parenting.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Damn that sucks.  I guess you shouldnt let them watch her until this phase is done w/.  Good luck!!!!

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Because mom's have a tendency of doing this. My DD was introduced to Diet coke at the age of 13 months thanks to my mother.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Don't let your parents babysit again until they can respect your choices.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

my mom told my DD "go ahead, you can just wear your slippers" while I was arguing with my 4 yr old DD, wanting her to put her shoes on... my mom told me to choose my battles... I was LIVID... the problem is that my DD has won WAY too many battles and is now kind of a brat, so we're trying to break her of that, understand that some things are for a good reason... like that's it's too cold outside for slippers and she needs to wear her freaking shoes... thanks a lot mom... I think they are just like that in general, see it as some sort of payback for when we were kids??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Yea my mom gave dd a sip of beer when she was maybe 10-12 months. I was pissed. She said she gave us a sip when we were little and we turned out fine.

Quoting Oceana09:

Because mom's have a tendency of doing this. My DD was introduced to Diet coke at the age of 13 months thanks to my mother.

jyofray
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Idk, my parents and I go through this all of the time. It angers me. Good luck hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow what the hell? After that, she wouldn't have ever been allowed around my kids without supervision ever again.  Stop trusting your mom (or dad) to watch your kids!! They are obviously going to do what they want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea my mom gave dd a sip of beer when she was maybe 10-12 months. I was pissed. She said she gave us a sip when we were little and we turned out fine.

Quoting Oceana09:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM
It's complete bs! She's always going against my parenting choices. Like I should raise her exactly the way I was raised. I use some of her methods, but I also have my own. Obviously I'm trying to raise her better than I was raised and I think it bothers my mom. Like I'm trying to be a better parent than she was...

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom told my DD "go ahead, you can just wear your slippers" while I was arguing with my 4 yr old DD, wanting her to put her shoes on... my mom told me to choose my battles... I was LIVID... the problem is that my DD has won WAY too many battles and is now kind of a brat, so we're trying to break her of that, understand that some things are for a good reason... like that's it's too cold outside for slippers and she needs to wear her freaking shoes... thanks a lot mom... I think they are just like that in general, see it as some sort of payback for when we were kids??

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Omg, my ex husband let her have a drink of his beer at that age too and thought it was hilarious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oceana09:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
choaspartyof4
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Oh thats terrible, I'd be very upset if I was you too! We had to use the "Binkie Fairy" for my oldest son to finally get rid of his. My youngest wanted nothing to do with it thank goodness lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN