Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

appropriate gift or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

My oldest child is 10. His class decided to do a Secret Santa this year. My son got a girl he didn't know. Now the kids are not supposed to tell, but the teacher told the kids to ask all the kids what they like for Christmas so they had some idea in case someone didnt know the kid they picked. So when my son got a turn to speak with this girl, she was sort of snotty about it. He asked her what she liked. She said I dont know. He said do you like Pokemon? She said no I hate them. He said do you like barbie? She said no I hate them. He said what do you like? She said I dont know. He came home and said I GIVE UP YOU PICK!

The amount you could spend was only $5. So at the store, I found a small $3 mini snowglobe with a christmas tree inside of it, and a bag with a christmas tree for 80 cents. So that is what I got her. Now I am a little concerned about, what if it breaks and cuts her? I dunno if I got the right thing!

Yay or nay, and if nay what should I get her?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM

?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Awwww my son probably would have asked if the girl liked Pokemon too. :)

I think that gift is fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

if you were a ten yr old girl would you want a snow globe.

i wouldnt.

i would have gotten her some cheap jewlery like earings or sunglasses or something. they always have things on sale at vanity for under $5. like sunglasses and things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

what about lip glosses? or nail polish

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I think the snow globe is a wonderful idea. You did fine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I agree. That gift would be quite a let down.
Go for the lip gloss, cheap jewelry, fun route.

Quoting Anonymous:

if you were a ten yr old girl would you want a snow globe.

i wouldnt.

i would have gotten her some cheap jewlery like earings or sunglasses or something. they always have things on sale at vanity for under $5. like sunglasses and things.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Snowglobes?.......alrighty then....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM

It sounds ok to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I think you did fine too.

I'm glad my kids school doesn't do this! They buy gifts for angeltree instead

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I agree with the jewelry, nail polish, etc. ideas. Although the girl sounds like a brat and doesn't really seem to deserve a better gift, I think those things would be appreciated more at age 10 than a snow globe. I'd get a necklace, ring, & bracelet set from the dollar store (if you have a dollar store around you that has stuff like that) and a bottle of nail polish or a lip gloss and throw them in the bag you already have. Maybe give the globe to the teacher? (If you don't have anyone else you could use it for since you already bought it.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)