Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

appropriate gift or not?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My oldest child is 10. His class decided to do a Secret Santa this year. My son got a girl he didn't know. Now the kids are not supposed to tell, but the teacher told the kids to ask all the kids what they like for Christmas so they had some idea in case someone didnt know the kid they picked. So when my son got a turn to speak with this girl, she was sort of snotty about it. He asked her what she liked. She said I dont know. He said do you like Pokemon? She said no I hate them. He said do you like barbie? She said no I hate them. He said what do you like? She said I dont know. He came home and said I GIVE UP YOU PICK!

The amount you could spend was only $5. So at the store, I found a small $3 mini snowglobe with a christmas tree inside of it, and a bag with a christmas tree for 80 cents. So that is what I got her. Now I am a little concerned about, what if it breaks and cuts her? I dunno if I got the right thing!

Yay or nay, and if nay what should I get her?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Replies (21-24):
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Sounds like she needs coal in her stocking... Geesh....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I think you did fine. If she is not able to keep from breaking a snowglobe and cutting herself at ten years old,  she has other problems..... if she were three that would be a different story.

SevenKisses
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Honestly, doesn't seem like a great gift for a 10 year old girl. I would have just picked up some jewelry like a nice necklace or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:01 PM

If she wanted something she would really like, she should have not been a snoot. The snow globe will be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)