Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it is great that the DJs in the suicide case are giving at least half a million

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

to the famiy of the nurse of killed herself..............

(See  article here: http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/15610423/royal-prank-nurse-left-suicide-note-for-family/)

HOWEVER< I have a mixed feelings about it.

It is NOT there fault that she committed suicide.  This is sending the wrong message in some ways.  For example, say a teenag girl breaks up with her boyfriend and then he committs suicide. Should she be expect to help out his family?  Or, a college professor fails a student, and then he commits sucide... she the professor be encouraged to donate money to the family?

Again, I think it is nice they are doing it, but they are NOT AT FAULT for the suicide.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

They did this at the expense of her. She could have lost her job or anything. Not sure what their laws are over there, but this reminded me of the monther who died from a radio contest. She drank too much water and died. they thought it was hilarious until she died.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I think it is nice too, I guess.  I also think it is ridiculous for anyone to hold them accountable in any way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Honestly, I wish hthe story had never even made the news (her suicide) because it does noth help people who are feeling suicidal in any way.

I think sometimes people committ suicide to "punish people" such as an ex, etc.  I don't think this nurse did that though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I just heard about this today. I have to wonder if there were underlying issues in the nurse's life?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I just heard about this today. I have to wonder if there were underlying issues in the nurse's life?

Obviously, she had some mnetal health issues / depression etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)