Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my parents hate my df

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My parents are so disrespectful to my fiance. My df is very respectful to them even when they are rude to his face he keeps quiet. They also try to get me to talk shit about df with them. Wtf he is my baby daddy and my fiance weather they like it or not he will always be in our lives. I'm almost to the point were I am going to cut my parents out of our lives! They are always so negative and downgrading. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sthflachk
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Have you tried talking to them? How old are you two? Live at home? Did getting pregnant cause you to quit school? Do you two have jobs? More kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM
When my parents were rude to my ex boyfriend it was for good reason. I soon realized he was not the person I wanted to be with. They could not stand him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Why don't like they like him? There has to be a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were in your situation I would tell my parents to be civil at least or you will be seeing a lot less of them. They may not like him but should( for your sake and their grandchilds sake) be able to be in the same room without being jerks to him. I HATED my sister ex-husband but was civil to him for her. Because I love her and didnt want her to cut me out of her life. Good luck.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM

sometimes you have to :)

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Thats so wrong... why do you think they are like that towards him?

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

my dad didnt like my fiance either because he rocks back and forth since hes slightly autistic. but then again i have yelled at my dad about it and told him to get over it.

Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Lmao at 'downgrading' maybe that's why they dislike him, because they think you downgraded hehehe
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I am 22 he is 25 . Yes we are living with them rite now. We offer to pay bills they don't want money we buy food. Df works 6 days a week he is very good to us. They reason they don't like him is he is tated up. They think I should higher my standers. My mom went as far as "I wish he would leave and never cone back" so my sin would grow up with no dad n she says yup I wouldn't mind.

Quoting sthflachk:

Have you tried talking to them? How old are you two? Live at home? Did getting pregnant cause you to quit school? Do you two have jobs? More kids?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

well, you might be wrong for wanting them to take your relationship seriously when you refer to him as "babydaddy" before you even mention being engaged.  how about some self respect, and some for your fiance.  if he's planning on cutting out as soon as things get tough, then he deserves the title and you deserve what you get for going into that with your eyes open. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)