Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 6 year old was asked to strip down to his underwear for his physical and he started freaking out and sobbing. UPATE, OMG it gets better

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The nurse said as she left the room, "strip down to your undewear" He looked stricken and started crying. I was dumbfounded. For five minutes I tried to calm him down and figure out what was wrong. He said, "I need to go home for something." I said, "no, we are forty miles from home and the doctor will be in in a minute." I wrapped my sweatshirt around him, pulled his shirt off, and went to pull down his pants.

Eureka, I discovered the problem. He forgot to put on underwear. He was embarrassed. I almost cracked up. I was relieved that that was the problem. It panicked me a bit that he was so distraught about getting undressed.

I whispered to his doctor when he came in, "he is upset, he forgot to put on his underwear." The doctor smirked and said, "going commando huh?" He laughed and examined him with his pants on.

Update

Today I was washing the bathroom floor and noticed a pair of his underwear behind our big stand up mirror in the bathroom. I pulled it away from the wall and found eight pairs of underwear!  I was wondering where all his underwear had gone to. He has been going into the bathroom to get dressed every morning, telling nobody to come in, and ditching his underwear behind the mirror. LMAO I was wondering why he suddenly started being so modest. Apparently the commando style is at least eight days old.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM

LMAO! Poor kid. My DD liked to go camdo for a long while.

Master_Debater
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Aww lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM

lol poor thing..

CatherineNewton
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM
That happened to my younger sister all the time. She also cried and was upset about it. But life goes on and its a fund story to tell later. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Lol my daughter did that last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HipLikeJunk
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Omg that poor little guy lol

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

LOL poor little fryguy!

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Lol my sons yearly exam the pa told my 6yo to pull his pants down and said she was going to check his parts. Just to look. Not touch and he had just learned h e doesn't do that around people so we had to explain. Lol he was looking at me like he was going to have a panic attack lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Awwwww Poor kiddo. I know he was mortified, but I laughed a little. Glad that was all it was. 

kat1116
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Aww my little guy is a prude. Would shower with his clothes on if possible. Had to change jerseys for baseball in public over the summer and had an epic meltdown. Never been so embarassed before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)