Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 6 year old was asked to strip down to his underwear for his physical and he started freaking out and sobbing. UPATE, OMG it gets better

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The nurse said as she left the room, "strip down to your undewear" He looked stricken and started crying. I was dumbfounded. For five minutes I tried to calm him down and figure out what was wrong. He said, "I need to go home for something." I said, "no, we are forty miles from home and the doctor will be in in a minute." I wrapped my sweatshirt around him, pulled his shirt off, and went to pull down his pants.

Eureka, I discovered the problem. He forgot to put on underwear. He was embarrassed. I almost cracked up. I was relieved that that was the problem. It panicked me a bit that he was so distraught about getting undressed.

I whispered to his doctor when he came in, "he is upset, he forgot to put on his underwear." The doctor smirked and said, "going commando huh?" He laughed and examined him with his pants on.

Update

Today I was washing the bathroom floor and noticed a pair of his underwear behind our big stand up mirror in the bathroom. I pulled it away from the wall and found eight pairs of underwear!  I was wondering where all his underwear had gone to. He has been going into the bathroom to get dressed every morning, telling nobody to come in, and ditching his underwear behind the mirror. LMAO I was wondering why he suddenly started being so modest. Apparently the commando style is at least eight days old.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My husband got a huge grin on his face when we realized what was wrong. Before I realized the issue, I was kind of scared wondering what made him suddenly so freaked out about taking off his clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

I just took my 6 yr old for his physical but we had the opposite problem....he had on TWO pairs of underwear! The doctor thought it was hilarious because she said she gets a lot of ones that forget underwear all together lol

lmao, he has done that too! Just not to the doctors office.

nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM

lol, awww poor kiddo.

Aleta775
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Whoops. Poor guy. I bet he won't forget again.

fairyjester
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM

my son can be bad about ,  its always nice when you hand him his clothes tell him to get dressed,  while he does  go do something else , take him to school  come home and there sits his underwear

NikiSellers0806
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM
When I asked him why he said "I just didn't feel like taking the ones I had on off" LOL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

I just took my 6 yr old for his physical but we had the opposite problem....he had on TWO pairs of underwear! The doctor thought it was hilarious because she said she gets a lot of ones that forget underwear all together lol

lmao, he has done that too! Just not to the doctors office.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilys_mama1222
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Aww pour kid. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

He asked me this morning if I thought the doctor would forget by the time he needed to go back again. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM
The daycare boy I watch never wears underwear he said he likes to Free Ball it :/ not my words his
Starryeyez_01
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Lol :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)