Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess he's finally tired of doing without....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh got paid today, $692 for 60 hours of work. We had to pay:
$96 car payment
$145 electricity
$183 cell phone
$140 pawn shop (get something out)
Fill up both cars.
Misc groceries (oil, butter, milk, pb, bread, etc.)
Diapers

He called and asked me if he could get the tv box (converter box) out of the pawn shop, that's $30. I said it would really be cutting it close because with bills alone we only had like $90 left (give or take). He said ok.
Then he texted me and said "I'm so sick of this shit"... Because we're always broke. I said "I know love, me too".
Then 5 minutes later he calls me and says "we're cutting it close because of my ciggs, huh?" I said yea. He said "I'm quitting. You sit at the house with nothing to eat (I only eat dinner because we just don't have any food for me) and I smoke and get sodas. They have water at work, I'll drink that shit! I'm done, I'm quitting ciggs! I don't care what I do or say, don't let me have any!"
I said ok.

I'm praying like hell that he sticks to this! I hate that he smokes and his ciggs always come before our needs.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sarafinn2012
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I'm not encouraging anything. I am just telling you there are other options if he really can't  quit smoking. :/

Sorry for trying to help.

Quoting Anonymous:

You encourage that in every post I write about this subject.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck to him! But, I will offer a suggestion if he really can't quit. My DH and I roll our own cigarettes. We buy a bag of tobacco ($7) and a box of tubes ($4) and that lasts the two of us 2 weeks. A simple roller costs about $10, a fancy one costs $35. Also, the tobacco is all natural, no additives so it is safer than commercial cigarettes bought in a pack. Not that I condone anyone smoking, wish I could kick the habit and am working on it, but it's a very cheap alternative to $6 a pack. If it were just him it'd probably last him a month, for $11 or so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Withdrawals can be a huge pain in the ass.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM
You guys really need to cut that cell bill. Good grief
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Damn his pay sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Yep. What a selfish douchebag. I'm glad my DH is better than that

Quoting Nicoleb9:

He had to know the amount of food being bought and the amount being eaten.

But now that you know for sure that he's known this, doesn't that make you feel kind of unimportant to him? I'd be crushed if my DH did that to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't even know he knew I was going without.

Quoting indymom72:

I'm going to sound like a bitch here...but there is no way in hell that I would keep a man that would put his smoking ahead of feeding his family.  That's fucking pathetic and he should be ashamed.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Electronic cigs are good to. Cheaper and a little healthier. My dad decided to get one for his gf because the Dr told her to quit.

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

I'm not encouraging anything. I am just telling you there are other options if he really can't  quit smoking. :/

Sorry for trying to help.

Quoting Anonymous:

You encourage that in every post I write about this subject.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck to him! But, I will offer a suggestion if he really can't quit. My DH and I roll our own cigarettes. We buy a bag of tobacco ($7) and a box of tubes ($4) and that lasts the two of us 2 weeks. A simple roller costs about $10, a fancy one costs $35. Also, the tobacco is all natural, no additives so it is safer than commercial cigarettes bought in a pack. Not that I condone anyone smoking, wish I could kick the habit and am working on it, but it's a very cheap alternative to $6 a pack. If it were just him it'd probably last him a month, for $11 or so.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Did the nicotine gum help? I'm trying to get my husband to quit chew. Right now he goes through two cans a day, at $5/can (that's if I can get it at the cheap place, otherwise its more), we're spending $300 a month just on chew. It's ridiculous. I've wondered if nicotine gum would help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck. They have to want to. Dh quit chewing tobacco last year but was still chewing nicotine gum until a month ago. He is finally done. He's unhappy about the side effect of weight gain but he chewed for 27 years. It's a shock to his body. Just be prepared for the mood swings. He picks a fight, don't take it personal. It's the withdrawal.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM
The really bad part about that is that if her lack of food didn't bother him enough to stop before, I have a feeling that once the withdrawals kick in, things will go right back to the way they were.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. What a selfish douchebag. I'm glad my DH is better than that

Quoting Nicoleb9:

He had to know the amount of food being bought and the amount being eaten.

But now that you know for sure that he's known this, doesn't that make you feel kind of unimportant to him? I'd be crushed if my DH did that to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't even know he knew I was going without.

Quoting indymom72:

I'm going to sound like a bitch here...but there is no way in hell that I would keep a man that would put his smoking ahead of feeding his family.  That's fucking pathetic and he should be ashamed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

why the hell are you paying that much for cell phones when you can't afford food?

isell_avon
by ♥Janet♥ on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Cant u cut your cellphone bill too? Dh and I both have prepaid we pay $40 a month each for unlimited everything and we have excellent service. I would never sign a contract with any other company.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)