Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think i am bruising my sons arm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
I have a five yr old boy. He hates holding my hand anywhere. Some days are worse then others. Today when we went to mall. He just would not stay with me. I think by the end of the two hrs there. I was grabbing his ARM to move kinda hard. I feel horrible. I need ideas and help. I have to make him hold my hand. Someone got advice
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Child harness *ducks and runs*

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Leash!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM
He is to old for a baby leash. But I have thought about it. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Would u do that with a five yr old

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Leash!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell him to hold your hand or you will strap his ass in a stroller. He wants to act like a baby and not listen, treat him like one. Or atleast threaten it. Lol
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hold his hand, not his arm. Tell him that he needs to act like a big boy and hold your hand so he stays safe, it is a rule, and if he breaks it, he is in trouble. Hold his hand and if he tries to wander off or gets mad about holding hands, put him in timeout, sit him down on a bench in the mall and tell him you will both be sitting there until he's ready to behave and act like a big boy.

Casperstalks

I have the opposite problem. When we're out Jem is screaming if I'm trying to do something and don't have a hold of her hand. Really good, unless I'm trying to fix something I just took off the hook. (;

LoveMyLos
Hell yeah! I bought a cute little pink back pack, the leash part hooks on to the top of it. My dd is 2 and i started her on it about 6 months ago. Ill use it as long as fits!

Quoting Anonymous:

Would u do that with a five yr old

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Leash!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont give my 5 yr old a choice most of the time. But if im pushing a cart or carrying her brother or something ill make her grab my jacket/purse or hold on to the cart. I either need to see or feel her there with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

dude stick him in a stroller and say "if you wont hold my had ur gonnna sit in here "

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)