Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tonight was a bad night.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
i make art for a living. I had one more piece to make for a customer and planned on shipping out tomorrow. I set it down to go pee. Come out and my toddler is scribbling all over it. My last paper (the the customer requested). I have just enough money to pay for shipping tomorrow and not enough to buy more paper that my customer wanted. So i spanked my toddler (2). I felt rotten. they were just trying to help. So i sent both kids to their room to play. My oldest has been told over and over to not use the toddler's bed as a trampoline/slide/landing pad. While trying to figure out wtf i'm going to do w my order, my oldest turned the toddler's mattress into a slide and encouraged toddler to slide down it. Something happens to toddler and she comes out crying and limping. Consoled toddler and went to go find out what happened. Older child explained and i got upset. Spanked older child and turned off the light. Older child is old enough to definitely 100% know that they did wrong. I feel horrible. Like dirt.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM
i never, ever spank. Ever. So i feel like i betrayed my children.
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I'm sorry! Hugs, mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel bad your kids deserved a punishment. And as long as your not beating them do whatever works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Can you post a pic at least?
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM
You didn't betray them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM
How artsy of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM
of the art? No point. Permanent marker all over it in the blank space behind the main object. If that makes sense, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I spank, too, but I prefer not to spank for those types of infractions.   Spankings for me is for direct disobedience...   not for kids being kids... (I remember playing with the pillows, blankets, cushions, baby mats, etc.. when I was a kid... using stuff as slides and the furniture as horses or something)...

That being said, I have my "bad" moments when I discipline differently than I would in a perfect world.... NOT ABUSE, but I think there are better ways of handling things or I react out of fatigue or frustration (whatever the discipline is time outs too)...

Good thing kids develop based on the sum of our actions instead of every little thing we do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM
typically i do an immediate time out followed by asking them why they were in time out (except for toddler... Bc they are a toddler). And then we move on. I have spanked my oldest all of two times, including tonight. I want to chuck that toddler bed bc toddler sleeps w oldest child and its just asking to be used for something unsafe.

Quoting KrissyKC:

I spank, too, but I prefer not to spank for those types of infractions.   Spankings for me is for direct disobedience...   not for kids being kids... (I remember playing with the pillows, blankets, cushions, baby mats, etc.. when I was a kid... using stuff as slides and the furniture as horses or something)...

That being said, I have my "bad" moments when I discipline differently than I would in a perfect world.... NOT ABUSE, but I think there are better ways of handling things or I react out of fatigue or frustration (whatever the discipline is time outs too)...

Good thing kids develop based on the sum of our actions instead of every little thing we do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Yes. There is a point. I want to see how bad this really is.

Quoting Anonymous:

of the art? No point. Permanent marker all over it in the blank space behind the main object. If that makes sense, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)