Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMFG!! Disability befits for ADHD?? *ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My sister qualifies for disability income because she is ADHD.

I, personally, think it's a load of bull. Seriously? She's getting $700 for her and $350 for each dependent per month.

What is your opinion on this?

*edited with the correct amounts.

**ETA: my sister it's not disabled by her ADHD. It doesn't keep her from being able to work or live a 'normal' life. It doesn't hinder her in any way.

She brought up an old childhood diagnosis (she hadn't mentioned ADHD in over 10 years) and applied it to every job loss and bad decision she's made. She applied for $ so she wouldn't have to work. She wants to sit back and live easily, while others pay her bills.

I don't think it's right that she is getting money that she doesn't need, while others are being denied, though they truly are disabled.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (201-204):
LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM
*lawyer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Annoying.

My sister has a very serious, life threatening heart condition and she hasn't been able to get disability.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

kristawing
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM

You want screwed up. I have a friend that lives in the same village as me. She adopted 2 special needs kids for free and gets a monthly income for them until they are 18. This amount goes up yearly. She is constantly running them to doctor's to get them on meds because she can't deal with them. Then she had 2 bio babies that are screwed up too. She just started to take them to doctors, but doesn't want them "drugged up." She can't have any more children (thank god we talked her into a tubal). She has been fighting depression as long as I've known her (15+ years). Does NOT want to work (part of depression?). She applies for SSI (?) for her back. There is something wrong with her back, but nothing that would prevent her from getting a desk job. SSI denied her. She got a lawyer. They denied her again and told her to get on antidepressants. WAY TO GO SOCIAL SECURITY! I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants. I've said all along that she needs to be on something! So she got denied....what does she do next? She's appealing it, but she's trying to gether son diagnosed with Asberger's to get SS for him. This pisses me off! Her husband works full-time, they get the income for the 2 adopted, food stamps, free lunch, heat assistance....and we can't qualify for anything when we needed it. UGH!

kristawing
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

A daugher of my mom's friend gets disability because she is a crack whore. Can't work because her addiction is a mental disease that can't be helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)