Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMFG!! Disability befits for ADHD?? *ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My sister qualifies for disability income because she is ADHD.

I, personally, think it's a load of bull. Seriously? She's getting $700 for her and $350 for each dependent per month.

What is your opinion on this?

*edited with the correct amounts.

**ETA: my sister it's not disabled by her ADHD. It doesn't keep her from being able to work or live a 'normal' life. It doesn't hinder her in any way.

She brought up an old childhood diagnosis (she hadn't mentioned ADHD in over 10 years) and applied it to every job loss and bad decision she's made. She applied for $ so she wouldn't have to work. She wants to sit back and live easily, while others pay her bills.

I don't think it's right that she is getting money that she doesn't need, while others are being denied, though they truly are disabled.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We're moving to another state so maybe new judges will see the seriousness of his case.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is ridiculous. I'm sorry perfectly healthy people are being approved while you get denied. Our government is so fucked up.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son keeps getting denied. He's severe ADHD, PDD-NOS (high functioning autistic), has sensory motor issues and issues with his fine motor skillsm, asthmatic, has allergies and is pre-diabetic. *sighs* I cannot even hold down a full time job with all his multiple appointments and he will always need to be cared for.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Damn it pays that much....where do I apply, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I completely agree with you.

Quoting vabchmom21165:

Wow! Must be nice to get that much! My sister got turned down and she has mental health issues and she had a freaking heart attack! WTF?! Your sister gets it for ADHD....something not right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM
my friend gets it for that and depression
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I have ad squirell.  So I think that I should shiny object on the floor. Anyone have any ad squirell. 

cbrizzee
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I want in...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

that is so not a reason to get that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I've made his little sister promise to take care of him if something ever happens to me. I don't ever want him to feel unwanted or that he is a burden. I love him so much. 

Quoting lalaboosh:

I'll build an earthship community for him, k? He can live there and it will be awesome. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

My son keeps getting denied. He's severe ADHD, PDD-NOS (high functioning autistic), has sensory motor issues and issues with his fine motor skillsm, asthmatic, has allergies and is pre-diabetic. *sighs* I cannot even hold down a full time job with all his multiple appointments and he will always need to be cared for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM
My sister is not disabled by this. She can work and hold a job, she chooses not to. It's sad.

Quoting dsebastian23:

My neice gets it she has a severe case of ADHD and ODD. She will never be able to live on her own or have a job.

mothernature
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

an old school friend of mine got it just by going in with mismatched clothing and dirty hair, to be fair she isn't the brightest bulb of the bunch but her other street friends told her how to get it ,,,,meanwhile my father had to reapply 3 time to get it for coronary artery disease and ended up only getting it when he had a slipped disk in his back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN