Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Visitors after having a baby!?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm going anon for this because I know I will probably get bashed for this. My sister will be having her baby any time now and I volunteered to watch my niece while she has her baby so her and her dh didn't have to worry about her. Well I told her my dh offered to watch my niece for a little bit so I could come see her and the new baby she informed me she didn't want any visitors at the hospital and for atleast a week after. That just really hit me hard! We were originally going to take classes together and I was going to be in the room with her while she delivered because her dh isn't a very good birthing coach and she didn't have the money for a doula. Well I decided a doula would help her more to go natural and is a lot more certified than me so I payed for her to have one. Now she does this after all I have done for her I'm not allowed to see my new niece for a week! That pisses me off to no end! I feel like I could just blow up. It makes me want to say fuck it and find someone to watch your daughter! Even though I want to I won't but I'm still pissed! I know I am probably overreacting but I just can't believe my sister would be such a bitch after all that I have done for her through this pregnancy and her 1st! Vent Over.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I'm sorry you have to go through that maybe she will change her mind about it that is weird though to flip like that on you:(
manicMOM_DLC
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this

ehhh... after three kids let me just say that I preferred having no one come visit.  was bleeding, swollen, purple from broken blood vessles, I was just learning my new baby, trying to learn how to nurse which is different each time.  and all everyone wants to do is spread their germs to my baby and ask for birth stories.  fuck that.  leave me alone with my baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
We've always been best friends! We talk about pretty much everything and do a lot together! I was going to be the one in the room with her while having her baby (along with her dh) me and her where going to take hypnobirthing classes together so I could help until I paid for her to have a doula because I know she really wanted one

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never tell my sister that she would have to wait 5 days with everyone else. Maybe 2 or 3 days but not 5, how close are y'all really?

Chan_Brawner88
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
After having my first dd, I think your sis might have the right idea. All I wanted to do was sleep and wake up to breast feed in privacy.... But for 3 days in a row we had our families and friends visiting.... I was so exhausted I cried! try to see from her view... I know it still sucks for you though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You're being immature by calling her a bitch. It's overwhelming having visitors right after having a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM
No she has a dd who will be 2 Friday I am watching her while my sister is in the hospital.

Quoting MooBaaLaLaLa80:

I'd be mad/upset too. Not much you can do tho!  I was pretty private and shut myself in after my first but with my second my mom, step father and sister were at my house with my first DD when I arrived home hours after having my second. They had dinner all made and cleaned up after. Is this her first?

celticgodess
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

No bash.  Sounds like you are handling it, but you have right to be upset and this should be a safe place to vent! 

LeiahAsh2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
My family is really close so that would never happen. I'm sorry hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I don't think it was aimed at you, that is just how she feels. I feel the same. It's best to have as much time as possible to just focus on baby without having to entertain. Baby is your neice but it is her daughter first. But, wouldn't you see baby when you bring her elder daughter back to her?

kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM
With my first minutes after she wad born and neither of us cleaned up people barged in. Stayed all the time was too loud in the room. Lesson learn the second baby we didn't tell anyone till they got a call we had the baby. Really when 3 days ago we are home now lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN