Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A BF post: Baby is 2.5 months old &...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
We are starting to breast feed.

I've posted before about being a pumping only mommy but ever so often I try to get him to take my boobie but we ended up more upset than happy. My nipples would hurt too much to pump after the failed breast feeding attempt. And of course baby ends up screaming since he isn't being fed. So I've pretty much stuck to pumping and bottle feeding. It's a plus since other people enjoy feeding him too and since he was a preemie, I didn't want him burning calories trying to get the milk out while it takes less effort to get the milk from the bottle.

Anyways, I still tried it now and then. About two days ago I successfully fed him 30 minutes on one boob and 20 on the other. He fell asleep :) but it did hurt way more than the machine. Today he used my boob as a pacifier till he fell asleep.

I still don't enjoy this and I want to scream sometimes but I think I may be open to the possibility of breast feeding him more often.

I guess I'm surprised he would take to it now after only being bottle fed for 2.5 months. All this talk of nipple confusion and such (not wanting one after having the other) doesn't seem to be an issue.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Wow that's awesome!! Way to go Mama!!
CANDI90
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Use a nipple shield it will take away some of the pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VarelaClan
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katenemsmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM
A friend was successful using nipple guards. It gave baby that plastic feel in the mouth that she was used to and it protected mamas tatas.
soph324
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM
The pain will go away, you just have to get through it for a week or so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Nipple shield?

tongue tie?

Sns?

Katenemsmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Congrats on makingbit this far. My dd was admitted for jaundice at three days old and given a bottle and would never latch after that. I pumped for 3 months before giving up. You are doing great!
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Good for you for trying! I pumped exclusively for 8 months every 2 hours around the clock. I had a 2 months supply in the freezer when I quit. It's exhausting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_Love_Pooh1999
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Congratulations on being able to nurse. I tried with my daughter Emily and wasn't able to. Her mouth was actually too small to fit over my nipple. I did pump but about a month after she came home from the NICU, my milk dried up.

jupiter5
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
It hurts for a while :( but its soooo worth it!! My baby is 1.5 months and he looove a it he cosleeps and nurses and then falls asleep on my boob like a pillow lol and it's soo easy when he's hungry bam pull out a boob, the bonding is amazing the love in his eyes is amazing hes gaining so much weight and if he's sad I just comfort nurse him and he'll fall right to sleep :) (and we cosleeps safely I have researched the crap out of it and we sleep with a nightlight so I can see his face and make sure he's breathing ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN