Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mothers of daughters in elementary

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

My daughters are well behaved respectful little girls by my oldest is in first grade and she is starting to have an attitude already...when did your little girl start making you scared of the teenage years? And by attitude I mean she will pout for longer, talk back a little more now, not want to talk to me as much when she gets sad/mad, going to her room and closing the door hard, etc

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Ah, girls.  I've got three. Gotta love 'em.

*stomp stomp SLAM*

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

oOoLeilanioOo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM

My DD is in preschool (2nd year) and has started this already. :/

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Step-Diva was born with her terrifying streak. The first time I met her, she was only one year old and she slapped her father (Hubs) right in the face when he leaned in to give her her sippy cup. She was scowling as she did it and then reached to me, a total stranger and huffily climbed into my lap, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Dude. Your baby just slapped you." I said in shock. He did nothing but chuckle and say, "Isn't it cute? She's pretending that she's mad.". 

She's a live one.

arilyn4
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

yeah she had a small one, but even from kindergarten to first grade its changed...really scared for teen years cause her sister is only 2 years younger. I couldn't imagine having three ;)

anon1986East
by Kali on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM

With my oldest I started getting worried when she was about 4...my younger daughter it was around the time she turned 1. My mom likes to tell me it's payback for my bitchy childhood years. I just always tell her it's inevitable, every chick in this family is a bitch to some extent. With my oldest, who is now 8, it's not so much her attitude but how she seems to have no filter to her opinions. She can be rude and not think anything of it. My younger daughter, who is almost 7, is much more compassionate towards the feelings of others and she rarely stays mad, she doesn't hold on to angry feelings but when she does get mad it's best to get the hell out of her way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I'm starting to deal with that and my daughter is in 1st grade to. She's also not listening well, she acts like she doesn't even hear me sometimes. :(

Quoting arilyn4:

My daughters are well behaved respectful little girls by my oldest is in first grade and she is starting to have an attitude already...when did your little girl start making you scared of the teenage years? And by attitude I mean she will pout for longer, talk back a little more now, not want to talk to me as much when she gets sad/mad, going to her room and closing the door hard, etc

Love060708kids
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

5.  She's in Kindergarten and has picked up some awful behavior from her classmates :(

littleladiesx3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Yup 3 girls here too, 1 in first grade. So far were doing well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Yes my dd started with her sassiness in preschool.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
What do you do?! How does one handle girls?! I have two and I've been scared out of having another child for fear it'll be another girl!! Lol

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Ah, girls.  I've got three. Gotta love 'em.

*stomp stomp SLAM*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)