Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking Spanish?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I have just started school, and I have a question for you ladies.

Any way, I am a Mexican-American I was raised speaking spanish only. As I got older I learned English in school, but I still feel more comfortable speaking Spanish (BTW I speak English very well).

Okay like I've said I just started school and there are only 2 other girls in my class that speak spanish. On breaks, sometimes we stay in the classroom and we chitchat in "spanglish". Well we have been told not to speak spanish by the teacher twice, which we find very offensive as the class is on break and we are not speaking badly of anyone. We have also found that she picks on us more often than not, even when we are just giving our opinion in english while class is in progress.

My question is are we right to be offended? Does freedom of speech have anything to do with this? Or should we just do what our teacher says?

TIA... ill look and answer replies in the morning...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Susie19
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

That's very rude of your teacher and I would be offended.  I used to work at a gym and the manager once told me that I wasn't allowed to speak in Spanish with some of the ladies that would stop by when it was slow and I asked her to give me that notice in writing and she shut the fuck up after that.  I can speak in Spanish if I want to and when I want to!!  You should report that teacher! 

>:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)