Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I DONT wanna take DRUGS!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have insomnia and the docs think the only way to help is by giveing me meds and when i have taken them i dont like that they knock me out cause i have 2 kids. I have tried everthing that my family as brought up... telling my self a story, reading a book, not eating or drinking certian things before bed, just laying down with your eyes shut and have your mind blank. Nothing has worked. When i lay down i can toss and turn for hours and not even relize it untill i finally have to get up to use the bathroom and see how late it is. I am looking for any new ideas to help me. My kids are both in school now but i still dont feel right takeing meds to help me sleep cause what if something was to happen and my kids couldnt get me awake ( im a single mom) i do try and get a few hours of sleep when they leave for school and always up before they get home but its just really getting to me either i feel like i havent got enough sleep if i sleep at all or when i finally do fall asleep i still wake up feeling like crap cause i feel like i have slept to long. I have had this problem since i was younger but i always got told its just me and there isnt nothing wrong i just need to get up early and go to bed early and i have and there are weeks here and there that i can go to bed early and get up early and feel fine but then there are the weeks like that past 2 weeks that i havent been able to get much sleep or feel like i slept to much.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
Opie99
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Lunesta is great for me helps me get to sleep without knocking me out, hubby has no problem waking me, I still wake up if the baby cries, an I don't feel gross in the morning.

Have you already tried valerian root? Melatonin? I know you have to take those like an hour or two before bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Buy some Melatonin. It'll help you sleep & it won't make you feel like a zombie in the morning like sleeping pills do. You can get Melatonin at most health food stores and some drugstores.

Also, even though you're tired, try not sleeping in the day, set a reasonable bedtime and stick to it. You need to get into a decent sleep routine if you want this problem to resolve.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Valerian root

Byrd15
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Omg my husbands step mother took that stuff, and is kind of addicted to it... Anyway she would go crazy if she wasn't in bed when taking it! She tried to eat an Xbox controller once because she thought it was candy...
If he ever gets a text from her at night we know its from ambien and don't text back. Rofl

Quoting Anonymous:

As a single parent there isn't much you can do. You have to be accessible and alert when needed.

I take ambien here and there. It works but my dh and I co-sleep with our two yr old so if I take an ambien I have to sleep in the guest room so I don't like taking it.

You can try over the counter stuff. I would discuss a better option with our doc. If they don't help maybe see a naturopath?
LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Smoke a joint you will sleep just fine and its 100% natural with no side effects :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

lol i would but i havnet smoked it in a long time and when i did it never helped lol i always wanted to get up and go when i was high

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Smoke a joint you will sleep just fine and its 100% natural with no side effects :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Not everyone gets hungry

Quoting Sassy762:

Won't she get hungry???

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

dose it knock you out?

Quoting wkukid:

Go get a product called midnite at Walmart. It works for me and sleeping pills won't even work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM
There are different kinds of weed. You need one that is very strong and makes you relax. Like the one I smoke at night after my son is sleeping. Im very relaxed and before I know it I cant keep my eyes open.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol i would but i havnet smoked it in a long time and when i did it never helped lol i always wanted to get up and go when i was high

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Really.......I thought everyone did

Thanks for the info

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everyone gets hungry

Quoting Sassy762:

Won't she get hungry???

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)