Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I DONT wanna take DRUGS!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have insomnia and the docs think the only way to help is by giveing me meds and when i have taken them i dont like that they knock me out cause i have 2 kids. I have tried everthing that my family as brought up... telling my self a story, reading a book, not eating or drinking certian things before bed, just laying down with your eyes shut and have your mind blank. Nothing has worked. When i lay down i can toss and turn for hours and not even relize it untill i finally have to get up to use the bathroom and see how late it is. I am looking for any new ideas to help me. My kids are both in school now but i still dont feel right takeing meds to help me sleep cause what if something was to happen and my kids couldnt get me awake ( im a single mom) i do try and get a few hours of sleep when they leave for school and always up before they get home but its just really getting to me either i feel like i havent got enough sleep if i sleep at all or when i finally do fall asleep i still wake up feeling like crap cause i feel like i have slept to long. I have had this problem since i was younger but i always got told its just me and there isnt nothing wrong i just need to get up early and go to bed early and i have and there are weeks here and there that i can go to bed early and get up early and feel fine but then there are the weeks like that past 2 weeks that i havent been able to get much sleep or feel like i slept to much.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Replies (31-37):
mama_of_tw0
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Ohh, that's a good idea. I may try that tonite. Lol Ty

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine is winning the lottery! I picture myself spending all that money :)

Another thing that works, doing something that makes you think hard enough to forget anything that may be on your mind. For example, try to name as many states or countries as you can in alphabetical order. Or, count backwards from 100 . Things like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is gonna sound dumb, but face a fan. It makes your eyes really tired. I have insomnia and I hate it. My dh has a small fan on his night stand, and ill face him and keep my eyes open as long as I can. I do that til I fall asleep. And if you don't have a fan, hold your eyes open with your fingers until you can't stand it. Lol...I know sounds crazy but it works for me. I also refuse to take meds. Another thing that works for.me is daydreaming. Lol...ok for example I've always wanted to be a dancer. So ill imagine myself on stage dancing doing all the moves I've always wanted to learn, hearing the crowd clap and cheer. And I eventually dose off thinking about it. Lol...I know it sounds absolutely bonkers, lol..but I've been so desperate for sleep I've tried tons of things. I promise I'm not crazy lol...good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NBean311
by Chivette on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Try Valerian. I take 800 mg every night. Works wonders! 

mama_of_tw0
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Does that have any side effects?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thnaks i have never heard of it but will deff be looking for it at the stores

Quoting Bonita131:

Buy some Melatonin. It'll help you sleep & it won't make you feel like a zombie in the morning like sleeping pills do. You can get Melatonin at most health food stores and some drugstores.

Also, even though you're tired, try not sleeping in the day, set a reasonable bedtime and stick to it. You need to get into a decent sleep routine if you want this problem to resolve.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:18 AM

thanks everyone i wll deff try some of the ones i have seen... i have takein ambien but the first time i took it knocked me out luckily my ex was around when i took it cause i wouldnt of woken up to our kids but after takeing any pills for so long they stop working or i stop taking them so i dont get addicted to anything. addiction to pils drugs and drinking run high in my family so i am very carfull with what i take or use.  

mama_of_tw0
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Yeah I'm use to it, it doesn't really happen anymore lol. We have a ceiling fan a mini fan and a window ac unit in our room, alllllll bc of dh. I hated it lol. It use to make me really stuffy. Now I can't sleep without any of that or I get really hot.

Quoting Anonymous:

my SO sleeps with a fan n and it always getts me all stuffy from the cold air hitting my face :( but thank you lol cuase that 1  i have done many times but regreted it the next day when i woke up all stuffy

Quoting Anonymous:

This is gonna sound dumb, but face a fan. It makes your eyes really tired. I have insomnia and I hate it. My dh has a small fan on his night stand, and ill face him and keep my eyes open as long as I can. I do that til I fall asleep. And if you don't have a fan, hold your eyes open with your fingers until you can't stand it. Lol...I know sounds crazy but it works for me. I also refuse to take meds. Another thing that works for.me is daydreaming. Lol...ok for example I've always wanted to be a dancer. So ill imagine myself on stage dancing doing all the moves I've always wanted to learn, hearing the crowd clap and cheer. And I eventually dose off thinking about it. Lol...I know it sounds absolutely bonkers, lol..but I've been so desperate for sleep I've tried tons of things. I promise I'm not crazy lol...good luck :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
True then she will get sleepier lol

Quoting Sassy762:

Won't she get hungry???

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Smoke a joint you will sleep just fine and its 100% natural with no side effects :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It's not like a sleeping pill you get from the doc. I don't even wake up groggy when I take it.

Quoting Anonymous:

dose it knock you out?

Quoting wkukid:

Go get a product called midnite at Walmart. It works for me and sleeping pills won't even work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)