Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling so down =,(

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

So my DH and I moved to NY from FL 2 months ago (due to my DH's job) and I feel so down I miss FL so much I don't really like it here in NY (regardless that I was born in NY, but I was raised in FL). I feel so lonely here too.... Have any of you moms moved to another state that you didn't want to move too but had too? I literally cry everyday the only thing keeping me happy is waking up to my DD (3 months old) everyday.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I moved from WV to TX with my DH and DD for his job.  We're over 1000 miles away from both our families.  I like it here but I miss the mountains and our families.

CrystalPystol
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:28 AM
I've never had to move. I hope things get better for you and you begin to adjust.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes....to New York, LMAOOOOOO

I moved here 30 years ago

New York and I have this Love/hate Relationship. I love to hate New York, lol

Jers.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:31 AM

What area of NY?  I know it's hard, but you need to change your attitude on this or you will continue to be miserable.  Try to focus on the positives here in NY - there are plenty - and make some new friends.

VanillaBlondie8
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Well right now I'm staying at my brothers and his wifes place which is in east new york and I HATE it here it's pretty yuckie (not trying to sound mean), but compared to FL BIIIG difference, my DH and I are looking for an apt. in a nicer area like Foresthills, Queens and Kew Gardens I also like Bay Ridge area in Brooklyn... The friends part is gonna be a little hard for me cause I barely go out especially since I don't know my way around and I'm just too down to go out =/

Quoting Jers.:

What area of NY?  I know it's hard, but you need to change your attitude on this or you will continue to be miserable.  Try to focus on the positives here in NY - there are plenty - and make some new friends.

Jers.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Talk about culture shock!  Strap the baby in the stroller and go for a walk - you can't get lost - the streets are set up like a grid. Visit the children's museum, the playground on the pier, the botanical garden....  I'm about an hour away - want me to come down and take you and the baby out?!

Quoting VanillaBlondie8:

Well right now I'm staying at my brothers and his wifes place which is in east new york and I HATE it here it's pretty yuckie (not trying to sound mean), but compared to FL BIIIG difference, my DH and I are looking for an apt. in a nicer area like Foresthills, Queens and Kew Gardens I also like Bay Ridge area in Brooklyn... The friends part is gonna be a little hard for me cause I barely go out especially since I don't know my way around and I'm just too down to go out =/

Quoting Jers.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)