Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were the primary breadwinner

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM
  • 150 Replies
Would you want your SO/DH to be a SAHD?

I have some changes going on at work that means higher income, longer hours, and more responsibilities. It would be nice to have someone manage the house and keep up with the responsibilities there.

We will soon have 8 people in the home full time and 2 part time. That is a lot of work.

If he stayed home, the baby wouldn't have to go to daycare. I can afford to pay his child support and provide medical coverage to us all.

I am seriously thinking it would be in our best interest for him to stay home. I don't think he would like it though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Bump
alyceabella
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't only because i know he would absolutely hate it. he doesn't ever use his vacation time because he can't justify missing a day of work for no reason lol. I'm sure it would be awesome if he wasn't going to be miserable!

AleaKat
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Hubby got laid off and I was the one working for over a year while he stayed home. He started online college do he could be productive at home more than just watching the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacefaceninja
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM

My hubby would jump all over that, and I would too. It wouldn't be long before he got sick of it, just like I am right now...but in your situation, it sounds like it would be a great choice for you guys. Work it girl!

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM
My husband would love it. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM
He would if I went to work and made more money BUT he wouldn't be happy about it. He would go nuts with the kids all day. I'm much better at dealing with them when they are winey cranky boogers then he is.
JulesFairy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM
I could never talk my husband into it. In your situation it does sound like it would make sense but you and he would both have to agree or it would be miserable for all involved.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Dh would do it for about a month tops then go stir crazy. Although of
Both the kids were in school he could
Find a hobby to do during the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3pippings
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM

If he's OK with it then it's fine. If not then maybe ask if he would consider part time  job?

Beautiful31mom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM

My husband would go stir crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN