Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I set the house on fire

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
I was cooking and let my pan get to hot before adding the oil. Next thing I know whoosh and the pan is flaming. Luckily I didn't panic (for the most part) got the flames out and put the pan outside. Unfortunately the damage was done my house smelled gross and there was no saving the pan.
I will surely miss her since she was the only frying pan I had :(

Anyway so after the excitement my 3 yo DD tells me she is telling her teacher the pan was on fire. And again this morning first thing she says to me is she is telling her teacher the pan caught on fire. Now I probably should have warned the teachers because sometimes DD likes to embellish stories a little. But I was preoccupied with stuff when the bus came so I handed her over and left. As I am walking back I hear DD say something and then both the driver and attendant say in panicked voices "what was on fire? " they didn't chase me down or call a fire department so DD must have alleviated whatever panic she had set onto motion.
Can't wait till DD gets home so I can hear how bad the damage to our house was lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! Kids are so dramatic :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Poor frying pan :( 

Your DD was excited! Too cute.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! Yes they are. My grandson had a little scratch on his finger the weekend from playing on the swingset, my goodness I thought the whole finger had come off the way he yelled.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You'll get a call from the teacher.....'Ms. _______? Are you ok? ________ told me that your bathrobe caught on fire while you were cooking.'  lol

Rockabye
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Aren't they? Lol.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockabye
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Yeah. And I'm glad it didn't freak her out but I think maybe me and DD need to go over fire safety again lol.

Quoting blessed107:

Poor frying pan :( 

Your DD was excited! Too cute.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

so scary - when DH and I first moved into our apt together (the first time I had lived away from home) - it was the first week in our new apt and DH started a fire cooking chicken cutlets. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I did that once (caught a pan on fire) ds told his teacher I butnt the house down and we were homeless O.o

She called my cell crazy concerned and I was like "nope not the house just the chicken" and she was like "are you sure you dont have to be ashamed" I was like yeah im pretty sure my house is intact and a safe structure... Stop by if you want...
Rockabye
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably. Only it would probably be a princess dress that I was wearing lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

You'll get a call from the teacher.....'Ms. _______? Are you ok? ________ told me that your bathrobe caught on fire while you were cooking.'  lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockabye
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I wasn't really scared while it was happening but as soon as everything was hunky dory I was like 'o schnitzels I almost burnt the house down!!!!!'

Quoting sfkdny:

so scary - when DH and I first moved into our apt together (the first time I had lived away from home) - it was the first week in our new apt and DH started a fire cooking chicken cutlets. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN