Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fine. I'll admit it...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

... I wish SS would go live with his mom.

First of all, I am not perfect. I realize that. No human is. I have no control over the way I feel. So before you go bashing me because I want a "break" from a child who treats me like shit, just think about how you would feel in the same shoes.

Second of all, his behavior has nothing to do with me being SM. I have been his mom since he was 2 (he is now 11 years old) and since then BM has had just enough contact to make herself relevant. SS acts the same way for DH too.

I cannot take his disrespect. His lying. His attitude. His total disregard for authority.

I blew up at him this morning before school because of his lies. After at least 2 years of this continuous lying about stupid shit, I am unable to trust anything he says. When I question him, he becomes totally disrespectful. He once even employed my DD to call me a bitch for him.

I just don't know what to do. And I know that BM will not have him. But if she would, I would be more than happy to pay her the $600 CS a month to give ME a break from SS's behavior.

That's my confession. I just had to get it off my chest. Now back to reality and trying to think of a way to correct his behavior that we haven't already tried. I am at my wits end.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Does your DH step up and male him behave? Sounds like he needs someone to rein him in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Parent fail.. Somewhere between the 3 of you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM
You know you don't want him with someone who doesn't care about him.
My son is almost 9 and I feel like sending him away sometimes!! They are just to the age they start pulling away wanting independence.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your DH step up and male him behave? Sounds like he needs someone to rein him in.

DH and I have tried. Nothing works. I'm thinking of trying "Total Transformation" as my last resort. lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You know you don't want him with someone who doesn't care about him.
My son is almost 9 and I feel like sending him away sometimes!! They are just to the age they start pulling away wanting independence.

More than anything I just want a break! I want him to get it! I want him to realize that all of this shit gets him absolutely nowhere! Of course I don't want him to live with BM. I just want a break... and honestly, at this point if she asked to have him for Christmas break, or even the summer, I would be like HELL YEAH!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Awww I'm sorry! It's very tough raising someone else's child especially at that age. You definitely aren't alone. I do recommend family counseling or maybe some kind of counseling for you SS, maybe there's some underlying issues?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Parent fail.. Somewhere between the 3 of you

I won't deny that. And it is easy for me to point the finger at BM for abandoning him. Sometimes I wonder if that is why he acts out... but I'm sure DH and I should have, and could have, done some things differently. We just don't know where we went wrong.

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he is acting out because he has needs that aren't being filled.  He may feel inferior or like he doesn't have a true "place" in your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww I'm sorry! It's very tough raising someone else's child especially at that age. You definitely aren't alone. I do recommend family counseling or maybe some kind of counseling for you SS, maybe there's some underlying issues?

Thank you.

Yes.. counseling would be good. I feel bad for the way I blew up at him this morning. I had just had enough... and my temper took over. I hope he can still have a good day at school. I feel like an awful mom.

banana-bear
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Unless there is some undiagnosed medical or behavioral issue here, you really have to blame yourself. You have raised him for the majority of his life. Own up to it and try to get him some help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)