Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

91 Days Ago... The accident we survived.. Pics of my car and my son so beware (PIOG) **UPDATED at the bottom**

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 932 Replies
25 moms liked this

When I woke up that morning, I had no idea what kind of tragedy James and I would endure, I had no idea we would be on a 3 month (plus) journey of healing. I had no idea the whole month of September would turn into a blur of I don't remember much except that I turned 40, I had the absolute worst accident of my life, I remember picking James up from school, I remember the grocery store, the next thing I know I am waking up in Shands Hospital in Gainesville with my husband, my brother in law and our oldest son (who was supposed to be in N.C. with the Marine Corps. but sent home by Red Cross) by my bedside all happy to see me awake. It was 2 days later.......

What WAS my car ^^^

^^^ James was sitting here :(

^^^ the truck that hit us

Below is a graphic picture of James' face, the windshield pretty much ate his face so please BEWARE I bawled when I FINALLY got to see him 4 days after the accident. I believe this picture was taken within the first day or so after the accident

And then 2 months later on Oct 28th (the day before he turned 16)
LOOKING GOOD!!!!

James survived a broken leg (needed a rod from his pelvis to the bottom of his femur), horrible lacerations to his face (he had multiple stitches), a punctured lung, lacerated spleen & liver, a broken collar bone, a wrist broken so bad he had 3 pins placed in it (then later removed) to put it back together. He was trapped in my car for over 2 hours :( He received 6 pints of blood ( So please please PLEASE DONATE BLOOD, it IS needed for stuff like this) I thank the powers that be EVERY day for our neighbors Joel and Deena were at the scene within seconds, to help keep James calm.
I survived a broken leg (I'm still in a brace for that), detached colon, a lacerated spleen, bruised lung, a subarachnoid hemorage (aka a brain bleed), Occipital bone fracture (I broke my neck) a gash ontop of my head that required 6 staples to close, I slept away most of September... the police report states that I was ejected from the car but my neighbors said I got out on my own, I guess I wanted my son, they said when finally got out (they still wonder HOW I got out) that I dropped to the ground.

Please ladies, pay ATTENTION when driving, the person that hit us never hit his brakes and didn't even see us until he locked eyes with my son upon impact. When we were hit, we were around the corner from our house, we ended up in our back yard... no lie..... EMTs, Fire Rescue & the State Trooper were amazed we survived the accident but even more amazed at how close to home we were when he hit us and that he actually shoved us up into the backyard.

I am extremely HAPPY to say that James finally gets to go back to school on Jan. 7, 2013 (some of you know that already) he has had Homebound schooling since the end of Sept. or begining of Oct. (not sure exactly when he started.. is that bad??)

UPDATE:
I was doing 40, the guy that hit us was doing 65, I was in a Mazda 626, the other driver was in a jacked up Dodge Ram.
**For the IDIOT ASSuming I was high... SUCK it lady, I was NOT high nor had I been that day so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!! Also if you don't like my posts or my responses to posts, I have a simple solution.... SKIP over my posts and my answers.
As for the rest of you THANK YOU for all of your well wishes and prayers. I am thankful for each and everyone of you.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM
31 moms liked this

I know we are BLESSED, I know we SURVIVED, I am THANKFUL

mamaraylene
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm speechless; God Bless you family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM
11 moms liked this
Congratulations!! You survived my worst nightmare. I'm so glad you all made it through. Stay strong!
mary841108
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

was this a drunk driver that hit you?

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

As was I when I first saw the pictures and my son.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Quoting mamaraylene:

I'm speechless; God Bless you family.

the.deadly.mrs
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad you both are healing and getting better by the day. Thank god for that! Hugs!!!

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
wow... So glad you guys survived. Those pics are chilling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Oh my. Wow that's so scary :( I am terrified of getting in an accident. I'm glad you guys are doing better!

MooreBoysMama
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM
7 moms liked this
Truly a miracle that both of you survived!!!! What a blessing....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg! I'm glad you two survived!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)