Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And the s****iest mom ever award goes to.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
10 moms liked this
Me!!!! Yup it's me!!!!! Normally I love Christmas but this has been the crappiest year for our family ever!!! I spent 8 months laid up with a knee injury and just went back to work last week... The whole time I was off we had no problems keeping up on our bills but seems like the last month has been one thing after another.... Hubby's truck died so we had to get a new truck.... My van broke down so had to fix that..... Now our stove decided it was gonna take a shit last night! So now I gotta either fix it or get a new one!!! Really?!?! What next?!? So I had to sit the kids down this morning and tell them "sorry guys... Christmas is gonna be slim this year!!!" Took every thing I had in me not to cry til after they walked out the door! But I do have to say not one of them threw a fit or made any crappy remarks! I got a hug from each one of them and they said we understand! I promised I would make it up to them and I will! My kids seem to amaze me everyday! But I still feel like shit!!!!! Not looking for sympathy or any rude comments! Just wanted to vent!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2under5.mom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Your not the only one!! Keep strong and everything will work out in due time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM
36 moms liked this

Im pretty sure the shittiest mom award would go to the ones that drown their children or put them in the microwave etc...

You are far from that.

You can have the normal everyday (lifes a pain in the ass) mom award.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I know there's people out there that have it far worse than me! Just havin one of them days where seems like nothing goes right!! Or more like its all hitting me now!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Im pretty sure the shittiest mom award would go to the ones that drown their children or put them in the microwave etc...

You are far from that.

You can have the normal everyday (lifes a pain in the ass) mom award.

mary841108
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

the crappiest things always seem to happen in december. you're not a shitty mom, life sometimes gets in the way of other plans. I hope everything works out for you and your family

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM
15 moms liked this
For your kids to understand and give you a hug and say its okay I'm pretty sure that makes you a good mom since you're raising understanding kids!! Keep your head up, things will get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FunnyKids
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM

This....and I hope things get better for you sooner rather then later.

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

For your kids to understand and give you a hug and say its okay I'm pretty sure that makes you a good mom since you're raising understanding kids!! Keep your head up, things will get better!!

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM
11 moms liked this
You're not a shitty mom. At all. Just make Christmas fun. String popcorn. Everyone dress in pjs and have a big slumber party on the living room floor. Put up decorations. Bake. Involve the kids. That's where memories are made. As a kid I couldn't tell you what presents I got or the one thing I really wanted and didn't get. But I can tell what every tree looked like that we decorated, every Christmas carol wed dance and sing to, all the cakes and food wed make. That makes memories.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4g4b
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this
my 8 year old said if the country is having money problems santa must be in big trouble. We told them it would be a lil onethis year they are good with it

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I commend you for talking to your children about it! Hugs mama, hope things look up soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Kids are amazing, have them make coupon books for each member of the family,great way to use their imagination. We love coupon books. Bake cookies take them to neighbors/ fire stations, it is about giving to others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)