Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stressed and we havent even had to cross this bridge yet *piog*

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM
  • 134 Replies
and we arent even near crossing this bridge.
Last night we were talking about how Abigail is a good sleeper and normally only nurses twice at night. DH said we would get a pump soon and he would handle the night feedings. I told him not to worry about it. NIght feedings are no issue and I dont want her to ever have a bottle anyway. He asked about when I start school and I told him the longest I will be away is three hours.I will just feed her before school and leave two or three ounces in a cup with the daycare.
Then he said "well atleast at one you can wean her and you wont have to worry about it" !!!!
I got so mad. lol
I said quickly "no, Im not weaning when she is one.It isnt your choice anyway. Are these your boobs?"
He said, "Its not my choice? Im not walking around with an eighteen month old who nurses.
I told him that he wont be walking around with the 18nmonth old nursling. I would, besides at that age I will control the public feedings. I can say no and wait until we get home. I also said that nothing magical happens when babies turn one and I will nurse her until she wants to stop. Plus why stop after the first year when they are so picky about food?
He got quiet but I can tell he was peeved. I really dont care. He isnt having a say in this decision. It is mine and Abby's decision.I am so mad I have an uneducated husband. so mad.
I told him to do some research before he tries to tell me to stop nursing again. I am normally very compliant when it comes to things. not this time. forget it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pochaccotx
by Lost on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
That sucks he is like that. My df was all about our ds self weaning. He bf for 21 months until I dried up due to pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM
well he can get over it. if this causes a fight. oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
9 moms liked this

Honestly it sounded like he wanted to help w/his child & you refused so now he's pissed.

Many father's struggle not being able to get that 'bonding" time w/their children & you just flat out refused.  Now it sounds like he is jealous & ready for his child to be off the boob so he can have more bonding time w/him.

I've seen many pump & the daddy's fed at night so they could help.  Never made the babies not want the boob.

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pochaccotx
by Lost on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I wanted to quit bf the first few weeks cause it was hard and my df wouldn't let me. I'm glad he was like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
see breastfeeding is what I do
he can bond with her by giving her a bath,reading a book,playing, taking her for a walk around the yard. she is only three months.
Feeding a child is not the only thing a parent can do to bond with their child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly it sounded like he wanted to help w/his child & you refused so now he's pissed.

Many father's struggle not being able to get that 'bonding" time w/their children & you just flat out refused.  Now it sounds like he is jealous & ready for his child to be off the boob so he can have more bonding time w/him.

I've seen many pump & the daddy's fed at night so they could help.  Never made the babies not want the boob.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
2 moms liked this
I agree with you.

Just a suggestion with regular food when you get there. Feed her everything off your plate and a good variety then having a picky eater is less likely.

This is what I did with all 7 of mine and my daycare kids when I still did daycare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
Abby was born a pro lol

Quoting pochaccotx:

Lol I wanted to quit bf the first few weeks cause it was hard and my df wouldn't let me. I'm glad he was like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this
So your husband should get no say? It's his kid too. Well, I assume its his kid.
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
yes its his kid
he doesnt control breastfeeding though

Quoting Anonymous:

So your husband should get no say? It's his kid too. Well, I assume its his kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN