Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im sorry if choosing my families health over a animal makes me a b@tch !!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies

after a year of my beloved dog showing her age , i have decided its time to euthinize our pet , she has dementia and arthritis , she is usind the bathroom all over the house , its horrible , yes ive tried to cage her , she dont understand , she screams her head off , when i put her out she gets " lost  "in her yard , and starts screaming , she is getting worse , and now has to be led off the deck to find the yard . Once she gets there she forgot why she is out there .  So as im at the store this morning getting my weekly carpet cleaning supplies , the cashier says , " Looks like someone is doing some seriuose house cleaning ! "  , I explain that i have to do this weekly my old dog is incontinant and uses the bathroom all over the house , and ive decided to put her down . Well she is just shocked ans tells me how mean i am to put a dog down just cause its old , i told her i have small children that crawl on the pee covered floor its a health issue and unsanitary for children to be in . She tells me that when her dog got old and started peeing all over her house they just let the dog pee everywhere and it never hurt her kids , she let hers die a natuarl death , she loves hers as much as her kids . I told her yes i love my dog too , she has been my best friend for 15 yrs . but i love my kids more than the dog , and the dog is suffering . I am so sorry if that makes me a horrible person to choose my childrens health over a animal

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

The cashier said this to you?  I'm guessing you weren't at a Petco.  What a bitch.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
6 moms liked this

ya know.... Its not putting your old furry friend down that upsets me but your attitude...

You act like your 15 year Best Friend was just another pet and just put it down because it was such inconvienence for you and you have no emotions attached to it.

AGAIN, I understand coming to the decision letting your dear friend go but you seem heartless about it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
What you did was humane. Sad the pup had to go but it was the right thing to do.
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

In my opinion they are both B words LOL

Quoting ErikaRobin:

The cashier said this to you?  I'm guessing you weren't at a Petco.  What a bitch.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

ivy801
by Big Mama on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Must be the hardest decision to have to make when it comes to a pet. My friend had to have her's put down when he got really ill from age and she couldn't help him cause of her heartattack. Sorry to hear is what you have to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Yeah, but that's because YOU pee all over the house, too.  ;)

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

AndrewsMommy01
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I think you are doing the right thing for the dog. I am sorry you had to make that decision but it sounds like it is for the best.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

So sorry you have to put her down mama, but it really is the humane thing to do

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm curious, OP, your title... how many families do you have?

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Oh bull I only piss when people are asshats to me!

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Yeah, but that's because YOU pee all over the house, too.  ;)

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)