Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

investigated by cps!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 81 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever been investigated by CPS or know someone who has been?

Options:

Yes, i have been investigated and know other people who have also.

I have never been investigated, but i know other people personally who have.

I have been investigated, but no one else i know has.

I have never been investigated and no one i know has been either.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 166

View Results

have you ever been investigated by CPS? 

do you know anyone who has?

do you know anyone who has actually LOST their kids to CPS?

I'm not going through this or anything, i am just curious. I have never personally been investigated, but i do a lot of people who have been. I even know someone who lost custody of their kid for a few months as a result. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I worked with a girl who was being investigated by CPS. Something about putting the DD in a scalding bath because she peed in her pants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I've never been investigated. My step sister has been investigated multiple times. How she still has her kids I'll never know. The latest investigation is because my ss boyfriend abused her dd so badly that she's emotionally scarred and ended up in the hospital with serious infection from cutting. My SS still continues to be with this child abusing piece of crap. I'd like to throw a fridge at both my neices mom and stepboyfrienddaddyfuckingloserwannabe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
My friend has CPS in her life due to her son molesting her younger daughter. I let young dd stay the night at our house and CPS had to come in and take pictures of where she slept and we all had to have our background checked. I was pissed.
Mommytorn
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I had CPS called on me when my daughter was 18 months because she had for into a fight with our kitten...I had explained to the babysitter what happened and asked her to makes sure my daughter stayed away from her cat ( my DD liked to pick up the kitty) well my dad called me at work saying a CPS worker was at the babysitters house talkin to my daughter and they called him and asked him to come speak with them..I was never even informed until AFTER they had talked to my daughter, the babysitter, and both of my parents it was frustrating!! ( the case was closed and marked as unfounded)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My niece was investigated. And rightly so. Thankfully she lost all of her kids (6). She is a methhead and had been letting people do things to a couple of her kids so that she could score more drugs. Sadly the kids were split up. The oldest is unplaceable due to all the abuse he endured. 4 went to the same family and one was adopted by my sister. None of us were in a position to take all of them and the courts wouldn't let the oldest be placed in a home with other children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I'm afraid I will be. We had an incident recently and I am terrified that they will be called on me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I was investigated for testing positive for marijuana at a hospital. They came for one home visit, sent a 'drug counselor', and as soon as I mentioned that I didn't believe in many government funded programs, like them, they closed the case and never came back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I've been investigated, my x got mad and called once, the other was over a fight in the neighborhood. And I know a couple people that where dirty and have. One druggie who got her kids taken
mary841108
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

i've never been investigated but my next door neighbors have been and i guess what they found wasnt good, because all 4 kids were taken and the dad was hauled off

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
My parents were investigated for beating my sister with a spoon. An ex-friend was investigated because her fuck-buddy broke her son's leg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)