Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with a....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

dilemma.

DH and I can't agree what kind of accent pillows to get for our couch. It's a hand me down from my mother. It is black leather, what colors would you suggest?

This is for a new house we haven't moved into yet so there is no other decorating for now.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amyleigh80
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Burgundy....

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Any color. Nothing solid. You can even mix and match the pillows. Different patterns, shapes...have you guys tried looking online for ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I'd put animal print pillows.  Zebra, leopard, or both, then decorate the rest of the house in a tropical theme, with dark wood furniture and palm tree accents, maybe with an bronze elephant statue and an animal print rug under the coffee table next to the couch.  I saw a model home once decorated like that and it was amazing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Yup! He's so annoying. I've picked out so many different designs and colors that I like because I feel like pretty much any colors will work. He's just being a pain in my ass. Suddenly has an opinion on decor?! lol 

Quoting moosesmom:

Any color. Nothing solid. You can even mix and match the pillows. Different patterns, shapes...have you guys tried looking online for ideas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

We're not really animal print people. I do like the darker woods and more natural, earthy toned colors.

Quoting Refurbished:

I'd put animal print pillows.  Zebra, leopard, or both, then decorate the rest of the house in a tropical theme, with dark wood furniture and palm tree accents, maybe with an bronze elephant statue and an animal print rug under the coffee table next to the couch.  I saw a model home once decorated like that and it was amazing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

bump

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM
What colors are in your family room? Or whatever room your outing the couch in?

I would get maybe 6 pillows one with the accent color of the room and two others that would blend. Get different sizes and shapes. 3pillows each side. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I know the feeling. They tell you to do whatever you want but all of a sudden they don't like the curtains or pillows you pick out. Lol.

I would stay away from dark colors though. That's just me though! I love color!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup! He's so annoying. I've picked out so many different designs and colors that I like because I feel like pretty much any colors will work. He's just being a pain in my ass. Suddenly has an opinion on decor?! lol 

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM

There are no colors yet lol we are waiting to move in to buy most furniture and the walls will remain white for atleast a year because the house is new construction. The only thing we have in there now is a beige-y color carpet. We are really starting from scratch and are not good at this kind of stuff lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you can relate! lol  I generally like warm, earthy tones but i do want some color, otherwise the house will just seem too dark kwim? it's going to be a VERY long and painful process furnishing and decorating this house! lol OY

Quoting moosesmom:

I know the feeling. They tell you to do whatever you want but all of a sudden they don't like the curtains or pillows you pick out. Lol.

I would stay away from dark colors though. That's just me though! I love color!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting moosesmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)