Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anti-man bashing post

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

Okay, what is the SWEETEST thing your DH/SO has done for you?
(Not a financial thing, but based on actions or intentions)

How long ago was it? Are your sweet actions coming farther and farther in between - or steady?

My DH learned Powerpoint YEARS ago, back when it was only me, him and DS1. He had a long, long slideshow (with fancy transitions lol) and an overlay of Aerosmith Don't Wanna Miss A Thing and another song (can't remember now) and tons of pictures, in order. Pics of me and DH dating, DS being born and baby pics, wedding pics, DS growing... It was seriously TONS - over a 8 minute period. I was balling my eyes out.

This past mothers day he bought one of those handprint best mom shirts for me. He didn't realize that for the gift, he's supposed to do it FOR me, so he wrapped up the undone shirt and when I asked him about it, he said "I thought you're supposed to do it with them" and genuinely meant it. It was sweet.

He's at his best on Mother's Day.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arabellas_Mommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM
My SO does so much :) Some of the things he does may not be considered sweet to everyone, but I think they're sweet and that's all that really matters, right? :) He bought a pellet stove so I wouldn't be cold this winter. (We already had a wood stove, but he didn't want me to have to worry about bringing in wood and keeping the fire going. So he put the pellet stove in where the wood stove was, and put the wood stove in the garage.) And a bunch of random little things :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Awww. I have a regular stove, so I don't know the feeling, but it is sweet that he doesn't want you to have to carry in wood. (and stoves are NOT light lol) Sometimes the little random things can be the sweetest.

Quoting Arabellas_Mommy:

My SO does so much :) Some of the things he does may not be considered sweet to everyone, but I think they're sweet and that's all that really matters, right? :) He bought a pellet stove so I wouldn't be cold this winter. (We already had a wood stove, but he didn't want me to have to worry about bringing in wood and keeping the fire going. So he put the pellet stove in where the wood stove was, and put the wood stove in the garage.) And a bunch of random little things :)

militarywife09
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
This morning, before he left for work, he got the kuerig ready with the coffee cup and everything for my morning coffee. He's a keeper!!

He does little things all the time. I love that man.
BAMFSFW
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM

He got us a journal to write love notes, jokes and letters back and forth to each other. I cherish it. Sometimes I look through it because it makes me laugh and brings back so many memories. My husband is really thoughtful and protective of me. He always makes me feel pretty and appreciated. He always makes sure I'm comfortable, hes opens doors and pulls out chairs in public, hes not shy about expressing love or showing affection in front of our friends, family or strangers. He never lets anyone disrespect me. Most men don't anyway, hes a pretty intimidating guy, but he doesn't let women do it either. I love him for that.

momof3jam
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Now THAT is an ideal man! I love my morning coffee.

Quoting militarywife09:

This morning, before he left for work, he got the kuerig ready with the coffee cup and everything for my morning coffee. He's a keeper!!

He does little things all the time. I love that man.

viasacra18
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
My hubby's amazing just recently I was having a rough day and I called him and ended up crying a little ( we've just had our third and finally baby two months ago and they're all under three and my three year old had the terrible twos and moved it into the threes most days he's good but some days whew) anyways he comes home that day with a rose and my favorite soup from Jason's deli!! And he tried getting us to go see transiberian orchestra Thursday but it was too last minute to find a sitter!!! He's awesome and always takes care of us even when we have an argument he still comes through!!!
Hierophant85
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Brought me flowers in a snowstorm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

My DH cleaned the entire house yesterday and has been doing this on his days off since we met. He always says since I do it everyday while he is working that it wont kill him to do it on his days off giving me a break.

nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I broke my phone and he drove me all over to see who could fix it, if we could get the screen, called multiple places. No one could fix it. I needed my phone to work. So, he paid 250 for a new one. He had only known me for a couple weeks and we weren't even dating yet. That is just one of many things.

Jalestra
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

He mopped the floor (without being asked) because my foot is badly broken and he knows how much I hate a nasty floor...he's actually more thoughtful now than when we first got together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)