Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tacky Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so my dh (technically my df but we call each other husband and wife) asked if we were exchanging gifts this year and I told him I already gave him all his gifts early. He looked at me and said oh what were they. I rattled off everything I already bought. Assasians creed 3, darksiders 2, Halo 4, Black ops 2, a new xbox controller, and the samsung galaxy 3. Totalling for about 800. Not that the price matters. He then asked me what I wanted for christmas and I said that I honestly dont know. I have everything I want but one thing. His last name. Would it be bad of me to ask him to make it offical. We've been engaged for almost two years and about to have a child together. I also want the new kindle fire hd. Though I already have the kindle fire. Would it be tacky to ask that for christmas? Everything would be cheap even the rings that I wouldnt mind buying I just want his last name.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Commitment for Christmas nah not tacky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

If you have to ask for marriage for Christmas then he's not that into you.  Sorry.  It should be something he asks because he wants it to, not because you got him some video games.

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Quoting raegansmom:

If you have to ask for marriage for Christmas then he's not that into you.  Sorry.  It should be something he asks because he wants it to, not because you got him some video games.

He already has asked me to marry him. We just havent made it official becuase I couldnt decide what type of wedding I wanted at first. Then we had a rough period. Then I got pregnant and he already stated he wants to do it before his son gets here because he doesnt want him to be a bastard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

LMFAO awsome

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting raegansmom:

He already has asked me to marry him. We just havent made it official becuase I couldnt decide what type of wedding I wanted at first. Then we had a rough period. Then I got pregnant and he already stated he wants to do it before his son gets here because he doesnt want him to be a bastard.

He would actually consider HIS son a bastard???? maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE he got into bed with you before marriage!

I wouldnt want to marry anyone who had that mindset....

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Why not just out of random curiousity.

And yes he would not that he would ever call him that. I also would think the same since he would be born with our names matching reguardless of the commitment that we have made to each other.

Quoting auntietotty:

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting raegansmom:

He would actually consider HIS son a bastard???? maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE he got into bed with you before marriage!

I wouldnt want to marry anyone who had that mindset....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Quoting poeticrose09:

you guys both scream pure trash to me. I couldn't imagine thinking that about my child regardless of my marriage status.
poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting poeticrose09:

you guys both scream pure trash to me. I couldn't imagine thinking that about my child regardless of my marriage status.

We're both very literal people especially when it comes to meaning. Technically our son would be a bastard. Now do I honestly think of him like that no. Would I ever call him that if he was nope. Thats just how we are when it comes to definitions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)