Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and you DH/SO agree? Christmas post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My dh and I can never agree on what to get the kids for Christmas. We don't get them much (we have 3) we get them usually 3-4 things, a pair of pajamas or an outfit then something for all of them from "santa". This literally keeps us from shopping till last minute! So far we have finally agreed on getting them 2 cartridges for the V-tech eReader my dad got them, a pair of pjs each and 3 board games from santa. We are now having problems deciding on either a bean bag chair or a saucer chair for them. Does anyone else have problems being on the same page for the kids or are we the only ones?

*Before anyone gets on me "it's not about presents" we know that which is why we don't get them much and do a lot more than just presents, we agree on everything else about Christmas from the dinner we do to going to mass, this is the only thing we DON'T agree on!*

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I do all Xmas shopping. DH is just as surprised as the kids on Xmas morning ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I always just bought them what I wanted. Something huge, we usually discuss..then get it.

ivy801
by Big Mama on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM
We only have one child all we do is discuss what one item she wants the most this year it was deciding between a Dalek plushie or the Kitty from Big Bang Theory.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Yep! LOL!

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I do all Xmas shopping. DH is just as surprised as the kids on Xmas morning ;)

Mommy980106
I do all the shopping, show DH when I get home, and he helps wrap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
We always agree on presents for the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy980106
There's a kitty from Big Bang??

Quoting ivy801:

We only have one child all we do is discuss what one item she wants the most this year it was deciding between a Dalek plushie or the Kitty from Big Bang Theory.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

We don't really discuss it. I shop, I wrap, and DH is as surprised as the kids on Christmas morning. My DH's opinion on anything that has to be purchased is "Whatever you think is fine" because he wants no part in shopping. 

JoshuasMommii
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
We agree (well he usually lets me pick everything) he's not into shopping
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
We shop together. Now that our daughter is old enough to tell us what she wants, that's what she gets, and we do a combination for our son. He also gets them each a gift that he picked out special.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)