Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No gifts from dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
So my house rule has ALWAYS been no toys from ex's house come to my house and no toys for ours go to his. We don't have a huge house. We don't need more crap. She's getting plenty for Christmas. My rule stands. He says I'm being a bitch and he toys should come here. What do you think?

Edit: some one suggested I add why this rule started to my op. it started because in the beginning my ex would send things here an then call me to complain that they were not at his house or demand my son not touch them or yell if I wouldn't bring them back right then an there just causing a not needed fight.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Bump
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I agree with him. If he gets her a gift, she should be able to bring it home. Your rule sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
librarywizard
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are right and your ex is being a jerk because it sounds like he does not want to buy his daughter Christmas presents.

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM
cant she bring it home and take it back with her a few times until the newness wears off lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

She won't be able to play with it much with rules like that, unless of course you all split her 50/50.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM
That's mean....my aunt used to by my kids gifts and then say they had to stay at her house :( that's horrible
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Back in the very beginning when she could bring them home he would call the next day or the day after complaining that they weren't at his house and my son better not touch it because it wasn't for him kind of thing. So we just stopped it there.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

cant she bring it home and take it back with her a few times until the newness wears off lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Bimp
mommybug77
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I tell my mil that there are things that have to stay at her house, I'd say the same thing to sil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)