Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I have been upset?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Ok so last night my df comes home (we don't live together but I'm spending the week with him) from work and says he is going to a trade show in Vegas next month. His mother and I both said "what?" together. He said he would be gone for a week or two. Of course I was upset because I thought he wasn't going to do any more shows and focus on finding another job. He didn't get why I was upset 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I wouldn't be upset over the trip. Job change is really hard, depending on field, this time of year. I would be upset at being informed instead of having it discussed with me. Not because I'd say no or to argue it, but because when a couple is building a life together, decisions that affect the family or couple should be made as a unit. Its how I was raised and how things work for dh and I.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

That is the way I think but he doesn't think like that. He doesn't understand that if I was offered that I wouldn't go because I couldn't be away from my family. It just really upsets me that he doesn't always think about us

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be upset over the trip. Job change is really hard, depending on field, this time of year. I would be upset at being informed instead of having it discussed with me. Not because I'd say no or to argue it, but because when a couple is building a life together, decisions that affect the family or couple should be made as a unit. Its how I was raised and how things work for dh and I.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
You need to tell him that. It took a few discussions for my dh to realize he's not alone, there are others he need to consider and include in making decisions. It really goes back to communication. I know its said hundreds of times but communication is the key to any relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is the way I think but he doesn't think like that. He doesn't understand that if I was offered that I wouldn't go because I couldn't be away from my family. It just really upsets me that he doesn't always think about us

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I will talk to him tonight I just have a hard time thinking on the spot ecspecially when something has upset me. I needed time to collet my thoughts and you have helped so thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to tell him that. It took a few discussions for my dh to realize he's not alone, there are others he need to consider and include in making decisions. It really goes back to communication. I know its said hundreds of times but communication is the key to any relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
YW. There's nothing wrong with needed to collect your thoughts before discussing things. Too many people speak without thinking about what they want to convey. Doesn't always work out so well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will talk to him tonight I just have a hard time thinking on the spot ecspecially when something has upset me. I needed time to collet my thoughts and you have helped so thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Oh yes I know

Quoting Anonymous:

YW. There's nothing wrong with needed to collect your thoughts before discussing things. Too many people speak without thinking about what they want to convey. Doesn't always work out so well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)